Foligraf 75 IU
Foligraf comprises of human follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), which is a glycoprotein hormone manufactured by recombinant DNA technology
|Generic For||Follistim AQ|
|Generic Name||Recombinat Human|
Foligraf 75 IU (Recombinant human)
Foligraf comprises of human follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), which is a glycoprotein hormone manufactured by recombinant DNA technology. FSH helps in stimulating ovaries to make eggs in females who have fertility issues. FSH does not help in a condition called primary ovarian failure. Foligraf is supplied in the form of injection for intravenous use.
Uses of Foligraf
Foligraf is useful in treating:
- Polycystic syndrome
- Infertility in female
- Foligraf should not be used in patients with known hypersensitivity to Foligraf or any other ingredients of the formulation.
- Its use is contraindicated in case of tumors of the hypothalamous and pituitary gland
- The medicine should not be used in women with uterine, ovarian, or mammary carcinoma.
- Do not use it if you have gynaecological haemorrhages of unkown etiology.
- The use of Foligraf injection is contraindicated in ovarian enlargement or cyst not due to polycystic disease.
- It is not indicated for pregnant women.
- The medicine is not for lactating mothers.
The side effects associated with the usage of Folligraf 75 IU are given below:
- Ovarian cysts
- Mild to moderate OHSS
- Mild to severe injection site reaction such as redness, swelling, irritation, pain, and bruising at the site of injection.
- Abdominal pain
- Gastrointestinal issues such as diarrhea, abdominal cramps, vomiting, and bloating.
Like any other drug, Foligraf injection can also affect the working of other drugs. Therefore, it is necessary to inform your physician about all your medications that are using during Foligraf treatment.
- Coadministration with other drugs that are used to stimulate ovulation may potentiate the follicular response.
- Concurrent use of GnRH agonist may affect the mode fo action of foligraf
No other drug interaction has been reported during Foligraf treatment.
Make sure that you read all the instructions and directions before using Foligraf injection. You must use it exactly as your physician tells you to. While prescribing the medicine, your physician will tell you how to inject it, how much to inject and when to inject the medicine. Avoid injecting at your home untill your physician has demonstrated the way to inject the medicine. You are not allow to change the dose of medicine without consulting with your physician. Immediately call your nearest medical center if you inject too much medicine.
In case you forget to adminstert Foligraf 75 IU, do not adminster two times to compensate the missed one. Ask your physician for more information.
- Store the injection in the refrigerator
- Keep it away from light and heat
- Do not freeze the medicine