|Description||Fosbait�â�� 500 mg (Lanthanum carbonate)|
|Generic Name||Lanthanum Carbonate|
Out Of Stock
Fosbait– 500 mg (Lanthanum carbonate)
Fosbait is available in the form of chewable tablets for oral administration. Its active component Lanthanum carbonate appeared as an effective drug for the management of hyperoxaluria, an excessive urinary excretion of oxalate. People suffering from hyperoxaluria also called as a bird disease often has calcium oxalate renal stones. It is a calcium free, nonresistant phosphate binder, which is recommended by the physicians to manage hyperphosphatemia (an electrolyte imbalance defined by an abnormally raised level in the blood) in patients with end-stage kidney disease.
Fosbait general information
What is Fosbait used for?
Fosbait is prescribed to decrease phosphate level in patients who are suffering from severe kidney diseases. Decreasing blood phosphate levels prevents harmful buildup of minerals in your body as well as reduces the risk of heart diseases and stroke that can result from high phosphate levels. It is generally well tolerated. Most adverse effects are mild to moderate in severity except some gastrointestinal issues. It may also be recommended for purposes not mentioned in this document.
How does Fosbait work?
Fosbait comprises of an active component Lanthanum carbonate, which belongs to the group of drugs known as a phosphate binder. It functions by blocking the absorption of phosphate from food, thereby reducing calcium and phosphate levels in the blood.
Where to buy Fosbait online?
Premiumrxdrugs.com is one of the reliable and most trusted online websites. You can easily buy Fosbait 500 mg online with a fast delivery option. Here, you can get all types of medicines at an affordable rate.
What does Fosbait contain?
Fosbait contains Lanthanum carbonate; a naturally occurring earth element is practically soluble in water. It does not contain aluminum and calcium.
What are the side effects of Fosbait?
The common side effects of Fosbait 500 mg are as follows:
Gastrointestinal issues such as stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and vomiting are the most types of adverse reactions that may lead to discontinuation of the medicine.
Other side effects may include:
- Tooth injury
- Allergic skin reactions
- Bone pain
- Trouble breathing
- Itching or skin rash
- Difficulty having a bowel movement
What medications interact with Fosbait?
Several drugs have been shown to affect the working of Fosbait 500 mg and these are as follows:
- Thyroid replacement medication
- Antacids containing calcium
- Magnesium or aluminum-containing antacids
Try to maintain a record of all the medications and take it with you when you get a new prescription.
When should Fosbait not be used?
- Fosbait should not be used in patients with bowel obstruction and ileus.
- It is not suitable for patients with fecal impaction.
- Do not take this medicine if you have severe constipation.
- The safety has not been demonstrated in children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
- It is not recommended for use in pregnant ladies.
- It is still unknown whether this medicine excreted into the mother’s milk. Therefore, nursing women are advised to take this medicine only after the consultation with a certified physician.
How should Fosbait be used?
- Fosbait is available as the chewable tablets, therefore, should not be swallowed whole. Chew it completely before swallowing. Patients with poor dentition are advised to take the tablet after crushing it completely. It should be taken immediately after meals. 1500 mg is the preferred daily dose and should be taken in divided doses.
- Your physician may change your dosing schedule every 2 to 3 weeks until an acceptable phosphate level is achieved.
- The phosphate level should be monitored on a regular basis during dose titration.
How long should Fosbait be used?
Fosbait 500 mg should be used for as long as your physician has instructed you to. You are not supposed to cross the recommended period. You should complete the full course. Also, do change the dosing schedule with having words with your physician.
Missed dose of Fosbait
If you forget to take Fosbait, do take it as quickly as you remember. If you haven’t taken the medicine for the whole day, skip that dose and follow your regular dosing schedule from the next day. Try not to consume two doses at the same time. An overdose may cause symptoms of nausea, vomiting, and headache.
How should Fosbait be stored?
- Store the medicine at controlled room temperature
- Protect from heat and moisture
- Keep it away from children and pets to avoid accidental consumption
- Do not freeze the tablets