|Description||Fovas 10 mg (Fosinopril)|
Out Of Stock
Fovas 10 mg (Fosinopril)
Fovas is used as a monotherapy or along with other medications to control blood pressure. It is specially formulated for the treatment of hypertension. The medicine is also useful in treating heart failure. It contains the active ingredient Fosinopril, which is an angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor. It decreases certain chemical in the body that tighten the blood vessels so that blood flows easily and the heart can pump blood more efficiently. The antihypertensive agent is supplied as tablets for oral administration. It is suggested to take once or twice a day.
Fovas general information
What is Fovas used for?
Fovas is prescribed alone or in combination with other agents to manage uncontrolled blood pressure. It is extremely effective in the treatment of hypertension. It is also used for the management of heart failure.
How does Fovas work?
The active ingredient of Fovas is Fosinopril; an angiotensin inhibitor, which works to stop the process of conversion of angiotensin I to the angiotensin II. It prevents the degradation of bradykinin and other vasodilatory prostaglandins. It increases plasma rennin levels and decreases aldosterone level in the body. All these activities help lower the blood pressure in hypertensive patients.
Where to buy Fovas online?
Buy Fovas 10 mg online at an absolute lowest price. It is available to order in 10 mg strength on premiumrxdrugs.com.
What does Fovas contain?
Fovas delivers 10 mg of the active pharmaceutical ingredient Fosinopril via each tablet.
What are the side effects of Fovas?
- Dermatological issues: rash
- Respiratory tract system: dyspnea, cough
- Central nervous system (CNS): fatigue, insomnia, dizziness, weakness
- Cardiovascular system: Edema, hypotension, chest pain.
- Genitourinary disorders: Impaired renal functions, erectile dysfunction.
- Musculoskeletal disorders: Muscle cramps, joint pain
- Other effects: hyperkalemia, angioedema
What medications interact with Fovas?
- Excessive hypotension may develop with the coadministration of Fovas with diuretics.
- Remember additive hypotension may occur with the use of antihypertensive agents.
- There is an increased risk of syncope, renal impairment, and hyperkalemia with concurrent of aliskiren and angiotensin II receptor antagonists.
- Use of COX-2 inhibitors and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs may reduce the hypertensive effects and increase the risk of renal impairment.
- Use of potassium-containing salt substitutes, potassium-sparing diuretics, and potassium supplements along with Fosinopril may lead to hyperkalemia.
- Co-administration of antacids may increase the absorption.
- If taken along with lithium, it may increase the risk of lithium toxicity.
- Concurrent use of antacids may decrease the absorption.
When should Fovas not be taken?
- Patients with known hypersensitivity to Fosinopril or other ingredients of the formulation should not take Fovas 10 mg.
- It is not recommended for use in patients with bilateral renal artery stenosis (narrowing of one or both the renal arteries caused by fibromuscular dysplasia or atherosclerosis.
- It should not be administered to patients with a medical history of angioedema with previous use of an angiotensin converting inhibitor.
- Women of reproductive potential are advised not to take Fovas tablets as it may cause fetal injury or death of the fetus. If pregnancy occurs during the therapy, immediately discontinue the medicine.
- Discontinue nursing or the drug if you are lactating women.
Use cautiously in people with the following health issues:
- Kidney disorders
- Surgery or Anesthesia
- Family history of angioedema
How should Fovas be taken?
- For the management of hypertension in adults, the recommended dose is 10 mg once a day. The dose may be increased to 80 mg once daily as per the requirement.
- For the treatment of heart failure: The total daily dose for adults is 10 mg once a day and 5 mg once daily for patients who have been vigorously directed.
- For children under six years of age and children with 50 kg weight, 5 to 10 mg once daily is the preferred dose range.
- The blood pressure and pulse should be frequently monitored during dose titration and periodically during the treatment. Please inform your physician if you notice any significant changes.
- Women of childbearing age are advised to use contraceptives and inform the physician if pregnancy is planned or suspected.
How long should Fovas be taken?
Continue to take it even if you feel well. Don’t discontinue the treatment without consulting with your physician. The medicine controls the above mentioned medical conditionsm, but does not cure them. Your Physician may prescribe you Fovas for a longer period.
Missed dose of Fovas
Try not to miss the dose of Fovas 10mg as missing of doses may slow down the process of achieving adequate blood pressure.
How should Fovas be stored?
Keep the medicine in a safe place where children and pets cannot reach it. Store it at room temperature away from light and heat.