Note: We do not ship Gabapentin products to United Kingdom
Gabapin 400 mg(Gabapentin)
Gabapin 400 mg capsules contain Gabapentin is an anticonvulsant originally developed for the treatment of epilepsy. Gabapin is widely used to relieve pain, especially neuropathy pain.
What is Gabapin used for?
- Gabapin is used to treat various forms of seizures limited to certain parts of the brain, whether the seizures spreads to other parts of the brain or not. Your doctor will prescribe Gabapentin for you to help treat your epilepsy when your current therapy is not fully controlling your problem. You should consume Gabapentin capsules in addition to your current therapy unless told otherwise.
- The medicine is also used in treating peripheral neuropathic pain. A variety of different diseases can cause peripheral neuropathic pain such as shingles or diabetes. Pain sensation may describe a burning, shooting, cramping, stabbing, throbbing, tingling, aching, and numbness, etc.
What does Gabapin work?
Gabapin 400 mg contains Gabapentin, a lipophilic structural analogue of the inhibitory neurotransmitter γ-aminobutyric acid was initially developed in 1993.
The mode of action of the anticonvulsant drug is not yet fully described. It is thought to work by modulating the activity of glutamate decarboxylase and branched chain aminotransferase, two enzymes involved in GABA synthesis. Gabapentin increases GABA biosynthesis and non-synaptic GABA neurotransmission in vitro.
What does Gabapin contain?
Gabapin 400 mg capsules contain Gabapentin as an active ingredient. It is anticonvulsant and analgesic in vivo.
What are the side effects of Gabapin?
Tell your doctor if you do not feel well while consuming Gabapin. The medicine will help most people with epilepsy, but it may have some unwanted side-effects in a few people. All drugs can have side effects, sometimes they are severe, most of the time they are not.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any of the following and they worry you:
- Lack of coordination
- Viral infection
- Feeling tired
If any of the following occur, call your doctor immediately or you may go to emergency at your nearest hospital.
- Unusual muscle pain
- Frequent infection
- Abnormal bleeding
- Severe weakness
Other side effects not mentioned above may occur in some patients. Inform your doctor if you observe anything that is making your feel unwell.
What medications interact with Gabapentin?
Tell your doctor if you are consuming any other drugs, including any that you buy without a prescription from your nearest pharmacy. These may include:
- Antacids for digestion
- Drugs containing morphine
Ask your doctor to provide you the full list of the drugs that should be avoided with Gabapin, so that you do not consume them mistakenly.
When should Gabapin not be used?
- Gabapin should not be used in patients who have demonstrated hypersensitivity to Gabapin or other ingredients present in the capsules.
- Do not use Gabapin capsules after the expiry date printed on the cover of the medicine.
- Never take the medicine if the packaging shows signs of tampering.
How should Gabapin be taken?
- Gabapin is a prescription drug. It is available as a hard capsule. The dose of the medicine depends on the condition of the patient, and the type of illness for which it is being used. One should take the capsule as prescribed by the doctor. You can take the drug with or without food by mouth. Do not open the shell of the capsule. Never stop the dose or change the dose without your doctor's advice as it may cause adverse reactions or withdrawal symptoms.
- In some cases, the condition may become worse when the intake of the medicine is stopped suddenly. Your dose may need to be decreased slowly.
- Gabapentin helps to control your problem only if it is taken on a regular basis. Therefore, you must take Gabapentin daily. Take the medicine regularly to get the best results.
How long should you take Gabapin?
Gabapin 400 mg capsule is taken every day, till your doctor tell you when to stop consuming it after analysing your condition.
Missed dose of Gabapin?
If you miss the dose take it as soon as you remember, but if it is too late, then skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the correct scheduled time. Never double the dose to make up for the missed one.
How long Gabain be stored?
- Keep Gabapin 400 mg capsules in a cool, dry place where the temperature stays below 30°C.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
- Do not through away any medicine via household waste. Ask your doctor how to through away drugs you no longer use. These effective measures will help protect the environment.