Galamer 8 mg (Galantamine)
Galamer 8 mg consist of Galantamine as an active ingredient. Galantamine is a tertiary alkaloid obtained naturally or synthetically from the bulbs and flowers of Narcissus and several other genera of the Amaryllidaceae with neurocognitive-enhancing and anticholinesterase activities. The drug competitively and reversibly enhances the action and increases the concentration of acetylcholine.
What is Galamer 8 mg used for?
Galamer 8 mg is used for the treatment of Dementia in people with Alzheimer’s disease. Buy Galamer 8 mg to treat your dementia.
How does Galamer 8 mg work?
Galamer 8 mg (Galantamine) as a cholinesterase inhibitor works by increasing the amount of acetylcholine in the brain, which may help decrease symptoms of dementia in patients with Alzheimer disease.
What are the different doses of Galmar?
Galamer is available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 8 mg strength. You can buy Galamer 8 mg online at unbeatable price.
How should Galamer 8 mg be taken?
- Galamer 8 mg comes in the form of extended release capsule, tablets, and an oral solution. Take the medicine with food. Swallow it with one glass of water.
- Galantamine ER capsules: The recommended dose is 8 mg per day in the morning. The dose may increase to initial maintenance dose of 16 mg per day after a minimum of 4 weeks. Depending on how you react to current dose, your doctor may increase your dose to 28 mg per day after a minimum of 4 weeks at 16 mg per day.
- Galantamine oral solution and tablets: The recommended dose is 8 mg two times daily. The dose may increase to initial maintenance dose of 8 mg twice every day after a minimum period of 4 weeks. Depending on how you react to the current dose, your doctor may increase your dose to 12 mg twice every day after a period of 4 weeks at 8 mg twice daily.
- Take the drug exactly as prescribed by the doctor. Do not alter the dosage plan.
- Overdose: Seek medical attention immediately, in the case of an overdose of Galantamine. Symptoms of an overdose include:
- Slow heart rate
- Stomach cramps
- Increased urination or bowel movements
- Slow heart rate
- Muscle weakness or spasm.
- Watery eyes
Missed dose of Galamer 8 mg
If you have forgotten a dose, take it as soon you remember and go back to your usual dosing schedule. If the time to take the next dose is near, leave the forgotten dose and take the next dose. Do not double up the dose to compensate the missed one.
- Take the drug for as long as your doctor recommended.
What are the side effects of Galamer 8 mg?
Like other medicines, Galamer 8 mg may cause adverse effects. Seek medical attention, in case the following troubles arise:
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
Some adverse effects of Galamer can be serious. Visit the doctor immediately, in the following situations.
- Abdominal or stomach pain
- Black or bloody stools
- Irregular heartbeat
- Slow heartbeat
- Irregular heartbeat
- Bloody vomit
What medications interact with Galamer 8 mg?
The following medicines should be avoided, in case doctor recommends you Galamer to avoid possible drug interactions.
Tell the doctor before consuming Galamer:
- If you are hypersensitive to the drug, or its components
- If you have ever had kidney disorders or liver disorders
- If you have, or have ever had heart disease
- If you have a heart disease
- If you have, or have ever had convulsions or ulcers
- If you are undergoing a surgery
- If you have allergies to food, medicines and other substances
- If you have a history of lung diseases such as asthma
- If you are pregnant or intending to become pregnant. You should discuss the benefits and risks of taking Galantamine during pregnancy. Breastfeeding women are advised not to take Galantamine as it may pass into breast milk and harm the nursing baby
- The drug may cause dizziness. Do not drive or use machinery, while taking Galantamine as these activities may require a high degree of mental attention
- Do not forget to see the expiry date of the product.
- Keep the drug reach out of children.
- Store the tablet in dry place and out of direct light.
- It should be stored in the original packet at a room temperature.
- It should not be given to anybody, even if they have the same problems.
- Always keep the written record of your medications.