Geftinat 250 mg tablet contains the active constituent is Gefitinib, which is given to treat some kind of lung cancer (non-small cell), breast cancer, white blood cells cancer and another kind of cancers.
Geftinat 250mg (Gefitinib)
Geftinat 250 mg tablet contains the active constituent is Gefitinib, which is given to treat some kind of lung cancer (non-small cell), breast cancer, white blood cells cancer and other kind of cancers. In cancer, cells in the body grow and multiply in a way that is 'out of control'. Chemotherapy (anti-cancer) medicines work by inhibiting the way cells grow and increase in number. Gefitinib belongs to a group of anti-cancer medicines known as tyrosine kinase inhibitors. These medicines work by blocking chemical messengers (called tyrosine kinases) which send signals to cells to grow. This stops cancer cells from increasing and spreading. The drug manufactured by NATCO has the trade mark name Geftinat 250 mg.
Geftinat general information
What is Geftinat used for?
Geftinat 250 mg is a cancer chemotherapy medication. The drug interferes with the growth of cancer cells and slows their (production) growth and spread in the body.
Geftinat is used in the treatment of (non-small cell) lung cancer.
Geftinat (gefitinib) may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide
How does Geftinat works?
Geftinat 250 mg contains the active constituent Gefitinib. The medicine is processed with the use of gefitinib and basically belongs to a class of anti-cancer medications known as (EGFR) epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors. Geftinat (gefitinib) is widely prescribed for the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer and sometimes for other kind of cancers to. This medicine effectively blocks the activity of chemicals, which increases the growth of cancer cells.
Where to buy Geftinat?
You would like to buy Geftinat – 250 mg online from our online pharmacy store premiumrxdrugs.com at cheaper price as compared to any other local or online pharmacy store with quick delivery options.
What does Gefitinat contains?
Gefitinat 250 mg contains Gefitinib as its active therapeutic constituent. Gefitinib is a cancer chemotherapy agent. It works by blocking a certain protein (an enzyme called tyrosine kinase). This helps to stop the cancer from growing and spreading.
What are the side effects of Gefitinat?
Gefitinat 250 mg may cause side effects. Tell your health care specialist if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
- Mouth sores
- Weakness dry skin
Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of these symptoms, call your health are specialist immediately or get emergency medical treatment:
- Loss of appetite
- Watery eyes
- Eye sensitivity to light
- Vision changes
- New or worsening shortness of breath, cough, or fever
- Severe or ongoing diarrhea
- Severe abdominal pain
- Eye pain, redness, or irritation
- Blisters or peeling skin
- Swelling of the tongue, throat, hands, eyes, face, lips, arms, feet, ankles or lower legs
- Pain or discomfort in the right upper stomach area
- Dark urine
- Pale stools
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes
Geftinat 250 mg may cause other side effects. Seek for medical attention if you have any odd problems while taking this medication.
What medications interact with Geftinat?
Before taking Geftinat 250 mg, tell your health care specialist if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Phenytoin (Dilantin, Phenytek)
- Ketoconazole (Nizoral)
- Warafrin (Coumadin)
- Rifaprine (Rifadin, Rimactane)
- Itraconazole (Sporanox)
- A stomach acid reducer such as cimetidine (Tagamet, Tagamet HB), ranitidine(Zantac, Zantac 75), esomeprazole(Nexium), lansoprozole(Prevacid), omeprazole (Prilosec), and others.
You may not be able to take geftinat, or you may require a dosage adjustment or special monitoring by your health care specialist if you are taking any of the medicines listed above.
Many other drugs may interact with gefitinib. Talk to your health care specialist before taking any other prescription or(OTC) over-the-counter medicines, including vitamins, minerals, and herbal products.
When should Geftinat not be used?
Some medicines are not suitable for people with certain conditions, and sometimes medicines may only be used if additional care is taken. For these reasons, before you start taking Geftinat 250 mg it is important that your health care specialist knows:
- If you have allergy to any ingredient of this medication
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to a medicine
- If you have a medical family history
- If you have an infection or feel particularly unwell.
- If you have some kind of problems with the way your liver works, or with the way your kidneys works
- If you are pregnant or planning to be
- If you are breast-feeding
- If you are taking or using any other medicines. This includes any medicines you are taking which are available to buy with or without a prescription, such as herbal and complementary medicines, proteins
How should Geftinat be used?
Before you start the treatment, read any printed information you have been given by your health care specialist and the printed manufacturer's handout from inside the pack of tablets. These will give you more information about geftinat and will provide a full list of the side-effects which you may experience from taking it.
Geftinat 250 mg will be prescribed for you by a health specialist care who is experienced in treating your condition. The usual dosage is 1 pill ones in a day. It is important that you take the tablets exactly as you are told to by your prescriber. The directions for taking the tablets will be printed on the label of the pack to remind you, but if you are still unsure about what to do, or if you have any other concerns, you should contact your prescriber or hospital clinic for advice.
Missed dose of Geftinat
Take the missed dose as quickly as you remember it. However, if it is less than twelve hours before your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your standard dosing schedule. Don’t take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
What should Geftinat be stored
- Keep the tablets in the original pack until used
- Keep all the medicine at room temperature
- Store it in a cool and dry place
- Keep all the medicine away from the sight of children’s and pets
- Away from direct sun light and heat