HCQS Or HCQ Tablet (Hydroxychloroquine 200mg)
|Generic Name||Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate|
HCQS Tablet (Hydroxychloroquin 200mg)
HCQS 200mg is an arthritis drug that is also helpful in preventing malaria. It is available only on the prescription of physician. Hydroxychloroquine is supplied in the form of tablets of 200 mg for oral administration and can be prescribed to adults and children of all ages. The tablets are safe for pregnant and nursing women only if the potential risk justifies the potential benefits. It has the active ingredient hydroxychloroquine sulfate, which possesses anti-malarial actions and also exerts beneficial effects in lupus erythematosus.
What is HCQ (Hydroxychloroquine 200 mg) used for?
Hydroxychloroquine 200mg is formulated for the suppression of malaria. It is used to treat severe rheumatoid arthritis/systematic lupus erythematosus.
How does HCQ tablet work?
HCQ tablets has the beneficial ingredient hydroxychloroquine, which works by inhibiting protein synthesis in susceptible organisms by inhibiting RNA and DNA polymerase. This action results in the death of plasmodia responsible for causing malaria.
Where to buy HCQ online?
Anti-malarial drugs are available on premiumrxdrugs.com by prescription only. You can buy HCQ 200mg online to protect yourself or your loved ones against malaria.
What does HCQS contain?
HCQS comprises of an active component Hydroxychloroquine, an anti malarial agent is a well tolerated medicine.
What are the side effects of HCQS?
- EENT disorders: ototoxicity, visual disturbances, keratopathy, tinnitus, retinopathy
- Hematological issues: aplastic anemia, thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis, leukopenia
- Cardiovascular disorders: hypotension, ECG changes
- Dermatological issues: alopecia, photosensitivity, bleaching of hair, stevens-johnson syndrome
- Gastrointestinal problems: diarrhea, nausea, hepatic failure, anorexia, epigastric discomfort, vomiting
- Neurological diseases: peripheral neuritis, neuromyopathy
- Central nervous system disorders: confusion, personality changes, fatigue, seizures, apathy, irritability, anxiety, headache, psychoses, aggressiveness
What medications interact with HCQS?
- HCQS may increase the risk of hepatotoxicity when taken with hepatotoxic drugs.
- When administered with penicillamine may increase the risk of hematologic toxicity.
- Co-administration with agents having dermatologic toxicity may increase the risk of dermatitis.
- Concurrent use with human diploid cell rabies vaccine may decrease concentration of rabies antibody.
- Urinary acidifiers along with HCQS may increase renal excretion.
- If administered with digoxin may increase levels of digoxin.
When should HCQS not be used?
- HCQS is not suitable for patients who have been demonstrated hypersensitivity to hydroxychlroquine or chloroquine.
- It should not be used by the patients with previous visual damage from hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine.
Use it with caution in the following conditions:
- Liver conditions
- Renal impairment
- Severe blood disorders
- Severe neurological issues
- Bone marrow depression
- G6PD deficiency
How should hydroxychloroquine tablets be used?
For adults: For the suppression of malaria, the recommended dose is 310 mg once a week. The recommended dose for the treatment of malaria is 620 mg, then 310 mg at 6 hour, 24 hour, and 48 hour after initial dose.
For children: 5 mg/kg once a week is the recommended dose for the suppression or chemoprophylaxis. For the treatment of malaria, 10 mg/kg is the initial dose, then 5 mg/kg at 6 to 8 hour, and 48 hour after initial dose.
For adults: 400 to 600 mg once a day is the initial recommended dose. The maintenance dose is 200 to 400 mg daily divided 1 to 2 times daily.
For the treatment of children: 3 to 5 mf per kg daily divided 1 to 2 times daily to a maximum of 400 mg daily is the suggested dose. The maximum recommended dose is 7 mg per kg daily.
Systematic lupus erythematosus:
To treat adults, 400 mg once or twice daily is the suggested dose which is to be maintained with 200 to 400 mg per day.
To treat children, 3 to 5 mg per kg daily divided 1 to 2 times daily to a maximum of 400 mg daily. The maximum recommended dose is 7 mg/kg daily.
How long should you use HCQS?
Continual use on a regular basis for prescribed period will determine the effectiveness of HCQS.
Missed dose of HCQS?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Leave the missed dose if it is almost time for your next dose. Do not take an extra dose to make up the missed one. Try to take the drug at the same time each day as this will reduce the chance of missing the dose.
How should HCQS be stored?
- Keep it out of the reach of children and away from pets. Avoid exposure to light, moisture, and heat.
- Always keep the tablets in its original package.
- Do not place it in the bathroom or near a sink.