Hydrea - 500mg
Hydrea 500 mg (Hydroxyurea)
Hydrea 500 mg is an anti-cancer drug primarily used for the treatment of head and neck cancer, leukemia, ovarian cancer, chronic myelogenous, and melanoma. Its administration interefers with the replication of cells and results in cell death, particularly the abnormal cells.
Hydrea comprises of an active component Hydroxyurea, which is also used in combination with other anti-retroviral drugs of the nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NRTI) family to enhance the action of these agents. It depletes a substance essential for viral replication allowing other medicines to interefere with the production of virus more successfully instead of interefering with virus reproduction directly.
Hydroxyurea is used along with other medicines to slow down the replication of HIV and may therefore slows the progression of HIV disease. Always remember that treatment with the active ingredient does not reduce the risk of passing infection on to others. There is a possibility that you can pass HIV by blood transfer, by sharing needles, or by sexual contact. Therefore, it is necessary to take appropriate precautions to prevent passing infection on to others.
What is Hydrea used for?
The medicine is used to treat the following conditions:
- Ovarian carcinoma
- Head and neck cancer
- Myelogenous leukemia
- Reduces painful crises in sickle cell anemia and decreases transfusion requirements in adults with a histoy of recurrent moderate to severe crises.
How does Hydrea work?
Hydrea has the active ingredient Hydroxyurea, which works by interfering with the synthesis of DNA. It may also alter characteristics of red blood cells. The action leads to death of rapidly relicating malignant cells. A fall in the frequency of painful crises and decreased transfusion requirements in sickle cell anemia has been noticed.
Where to buy Hydrea online?
You would like to buy Hydrea 500 mg tablets online from premiumrxdrugs.com at lowest possible price as compared to any other online or local pharmacy and with quick delivery options.
What does Hydrea contain?
Hydrea contains Hydroxyurea as an active therapeutic ingredient. This helps in patients who are suffering from the cancer of ovary, head and neck. Each tablet contains 500 mg of the beneficial ingredient.
What are the side effects of Hydrea?
- Gastrointestinal issues: diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, anorexia, constipation stomatitis, hepatitis
- Metabolic disorders: hyperuricemia
- Genitouterine problems: renal tubular dysfunction, dysuria, infertility
- Central nervous system disorders: drowsiness
- Hematological issues: anemia, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia
- Dermatological issues: pruritus, exacerbation of post radiation erythma, alopecia, rashes, erythema
What medications interact with Hydrea?
- Coadminstration with agents that depress bone marrow, including radiation therapy may cause additive bone marrow depression.
- Concurrent use of Hydrea may decrease the antibody response to and increase the risk of side effects to liver-virus vaccines.
- When used along with drugs like stavudine and didanosine may increase the risk of pancreatitis and hepatotoxicity, therefore concurrent use should be avoided.
When should Hydrea not be used?
- It is contraindicated in patients who are allergic to the medicine or other ingredients of the medicine.
- It is not suitable for pregnant and nursing women.
It should be used with caution in the following conditions:
- Renal impairment
- Hepatic impairment
- Geriatric patients
- Myeloproliferative disorders
- Decreased bone marrow reserve
- HIV patients with stavudine and didanosine
- Other chronic debilitating illness
How should Hydrea be used?
For ovarian, malignant, head and neck cancer: The suggested dose is 60 to 80 mg/kg and should be given as single daily dose for three days or 20 to 30 mg/kg as a single daily dose. The treatment should be started seven days before radiation therapy.
For sickle cell anemlia: The recommemnded dose is 20 to 30 mg/kg daily and should be administered in 1 to 2 divided doses.
For the treatment of resistant chronic myelogenous leukemia: 15 mg/kg as a single daily dose is the recommended dose, which may be increase by 5 mg/kg daily for twelve weeks upto 35 mg/kg daily.
How long should you use Hydrea?
Continue taking Hydrea 500 mg for as long as recommended by the physician.
Missed dose of Hydrea?
If you miss taking a dose of Hydrea 500 mg, take it once you remember. If the time to take the next diose is near, do not double the dose, just carry on with your normal dosing schedule. If you have any doubt, please ask your physician.
How should Hydrea be stored?
The tablets are sensitive to moisture and light, therefore should be kept in its original packet at controlled room temperature. It should be kept well out of the reach of children. Avoid storing it in the bathroom or near the sink as moisture and heat can cause the medicine to be less effective.