Hisone 20mg (Hydrocortisone)
Hisone 20mg tablets contain the active ingredient Hydrocortisone, which is a glucocorticoid. Glucocorticoids are Adrenocorticosteroids, both synthetic and naturally occurring those are readily absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. The medicine is used to treat people who lack adequate naturally generated cortisol. It is an effective way to treat illness involving inflammation in the body. The drug is on the WHO list of essential medicines required in a basic health system.
What is Hisone 20 mg used for?
- The medicine Hisone is used as a replacement therapy in Addison’s disease (a disease characterized by progressive anemia, great weakness, bronze discoloration of the skin, and low blood pressure) or chronic adrenocortical insufficiency secondary to hypopituitarism (diminished hormone secretion by the pituitary gland).
- It is also used in the inhibition of the secondary increase in adrenocorticotropic hormone secretion when aminoglutethimide is given for prostate and breast cancer.
How does Hisone 20 mg work?
Hisone tablets contain the active ingredient Hydrocortisone, which is a synthetic analog of natural hydrocortisone hormone produced by the adrenal glands with primary glucocorticoid and minor mineralocorticoid effects. Hydrocortisone promotes protein catabolism, capillary wall stability, renal excretion of calcium, gluconeogenesis, and suppresses inflammatory and immune responses.
What are the different doses of Hisone?
Hisone tablets are available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com in doses of 5 mg and 20 mg. You can buy Hisone 20 mg online at an absolute lowest price.
What does Hisone 20 mg contain?
The main active ingredient is Hydrocortisone. Each Hisone tablet contains 20 mg Hydrocortisone.
Effects of alcohol on Hisone 20 mg
Hisone tablets may cause dizziness. The effect may be worse if you consume alcohol while taking this medicine. So, avoid consuming alcohol beverages during Hydrocortisone treatment.
What are the side effects of Hisone 20 mg?
Every drug shows some side effects, the same way this medicine also has some side effects. The common ones are as follows:
- Heart burn
- Increased sweating
- Changes in menstrual period
Some rare side effects that need serious consideration are listed below:
- Sore throat
- Difficulty in breathing
- Swollen lips, face, tongue, and throat
- Severe allergic reaction like rash and itching
What medications interact with Hisone 20 mg?
Always inform your physician about the medicines you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non-prescription medicines and your other disease conditions if any. This way, your physician can decide and provide you with a list of medicines and other things that may interact with Hisone 20 mg tablets. The drugs that are mentioned below may interact with Hydrocortisone and can increase its sedation effect:
- Antifungal drugs
- Antiplatelet drugs like warfarin and clopidogrel
When should Hisone 20 mg not be used?
- Hisone 20 mg tablets should not be used in patients with hypersensitivity to any ingredients of the medicine
- Do not take it in case of systematic infections, unless specific anti-effective treatment is given
- It should not be administered in patients with live virus immunization
When should Hisone 20 mg be taken?
The amount of the medicine you consume each day will depend on your health condition. The number of tablets to be taken will be on the label of your medicine. If you are not sure about the dose you should take, you must talk to your physician. The usual dosage regimen is given below:
- As a replacement therapy, the normal requirement is 10 mg to 30 mg daily (20 mg in the morning and 10 mg at night to mimic the circadian rhythm of the body).
- As a combination treatment with aminoglutethimide, the usual recommended dose is 40 mg once daily, given as 10 mg with breakfast, 10 mg with dinner, and 20 mg at bedtime.
Do not stop taking Hisone tablets as it is dangerous to reduce your dose too quickly. Stopping the intake of this medicine may leave you without enough steroid hormones in your body. Also, this may cause withdrawal symptoms such as fever, general discomfort, and pain in muscles or joints, etc. Your physician will give you advice on how to reduce the intake of tablets if you need to do this.
How long should you take Hisone 20 mg?
Continue taking Hisone 20 mg tablets for as long as your physician tells you.
Missed dose of Hisone 20 mg
- If you miss a dose, skip the missed dose of the drug.
- Take the next as at the correct scheduled time.
- Avoid taking two doses at once.
How should Hisone 20 mg be stored?
- Keep Hisone tablets out of the sight and reach of children.
- Store it at room temperature. Keep the tablets in its original packet to protect from light.