Imatib 400 mg (Imatinib)
Imatib is a medication that targets proteins in cancer cells and stops the growth of cancer (abnormal cells). Its active component Imatinib interferes with the growth of cancer forming cells. Imatinib is a tyrosine kinase inhibitor, which inhibits the growth of abnormal cells in certain types of cancers. The medicine is prescribed for certain types of leukaemia (blood cancers), skin cancer, bone marrow disorders, or certain tumours of the abdomen and digestive cancer. You can get this medicinal product only on a prescription of a physician.
What is Imatib used for?
Imatib is indicated for the following:
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumours
- Hypereosinophilic syndrome
- Philadelphia chromosome-positive
- Chronic eosinophilic leukaemia
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia in chronic phase in children and adults
How does Imatib work?
Imatib is an anti-cancer drug, which works by inhibiting kinases that may be produced by malignant cell lines.
Where to buy Imatib online?
The lowest price for Imatib is available at premiumrxdrugs.com, an online pharmacy that offers fast shipping at your doorsteps. By maximum discount lowest priced generic cancer medication of the brand imatinib. Buy Imatib 400 mg online to treat myeloid leukaemia.
What does Imatib contain?
Imatib is a medicine containing Imatinib, which is a good choice for the treatment of blood cancers. Each tablet delivers 400 mg of the active ingredient.
Effects of grape juice on Imatib
The risk of side effects is raised by grapefruit juice; therefore the concurrent use of Imatib with grape juice should be avoided.
What are the side effects of Imatib?
- Central nervous system disorders- weakness, somnolence, fatigue, dizziness, headache
- Gastrointestinal disorders- anorexia, diarrhoea, constipation, abdominal pain, hepatotoxicity, dyspepsia, vomiting, nausea
- Endoskeletal issues- hypothyroidism, decrease growth in children
- Metabolic disorders- weight gain
- Haematological issues neutropenia, bleeding, thrombocytopenia
- EENT disorders- blurred vision, nasopharyngitis, epistaxis
- Dermatological issues- skin rash, pruritus, petechiae
- Musculoskeletal issues- muscle cramps, myalgia, arthralgia, skeletal pain, muscle cramps
- F and E disorders- Edema, hypokalemia
- Miscellaneous issues- fever, tumour lysis syndrome, night sweats the fever
- Respiratory system disorders- pneumonia, dyspnea, cough
What medications interact with Imatib?
- Blood levels increased by concurrent use of drugs like itraconazole, atazanavir, nefazodone, saquinavir, nelfinavir, voriconazole, clarithromycin, telithromycin, indinavir, ritonavir, or ketoconazole.
- Blood levels and effects may decrease by the use of phenytoin, carbamazepine, rifabutin, phenobarbital, dexamethasone. The concurrent use may increase the dose of Imatib by 50%.
- Imatib may increase blood levels of simvastatin.
How should Imatib be used?
- The anti-cancer treatment is for various conditions and because of this, the dose regimen will vary from patient to patient, depending on the health conditions and various other factors. Gastrointestinal stromal tumors, Chronic eosinophilic leukemia, Hypereosinophilic syndrome, Chronic myeloid leukemia in chronic phase, Philadelphia chromosome-positive, or any other condition, all required different dose regimen, and a patient must follow all the instruction of his/her physician. Make sure that you understand all the directions, how much to take, how often you need to take, and how long you take this medication. Please discuss, if you have any doubt about the usage of the medicine.
- Take medicine with food and a glass of full water to minimize gastrointestinal irritation. The recommended dose of Imatib is 400 mg daily for adult patients with chronic myeloid leukemia and CML accelerated phase/blast crisis.
- Do not increase or decrease the length of the treatment by yourself. Your health condition will not improve any faster, and your risk of developing adverse reactions increases.
When should Imatib not be used?
- Imatib is not suitable for patients with hypersensitivity.
- Pregnant women must not take the tablets as there is a potential for fetal harm.
- Notify nursing mothers for serious adverse reactions in nursing infants. Breast-feeding should be avoided during the treatment.
Exercise caution while taking this anti-cancer agent in the following conditions:
- Liver impairment
- Cardiac disorders
How long should Imatib be used?
Imatib Treatment should be continued as long as a patient continues to benefit or as prescribed by the physician.
Missed dose of Imatib
If you are taking Imatib 400 mg once daily and miss a dose, take the dose as soon as possible with a meal and a large glass of water. The missed dose should not be taken if the time to take the next dose is near. Do not take a double dose to make up for any missed dose.
How should Imatib be stored?
Store the tablets out of the reach of children, away from heat, light, and moisture. Keep it at controlled room temperature.