|Generic For||Isosorb Mono|
|Generic Name||Isosorbide Mononitrate|
Imdur 60mg (Isosorbide mononitrate)
Imdur contains Isosorbide as the main active ingredient, which belongs to the group of drugs know as nitrates. Its regular intake opens out blood vessels and allow more blood to flow through them. The medicine is licensed for the prevention of angina pectoris. Note that it is not recommended for the management of acute attacks of angina pectoris.
What is Imdur used for?
Imdur is medicine supplied in the form of 60 mg tablets for oral administration. It is helpful in treating and preventing attacks of angina pectoris (chest pain associated with the heart). It is formulated for the treatment of heart failure where the heart does not pump with enough force to maintain blood circulation.
How does Imdur work?
Imdur widens the blood vessels in your heart to allow an increased amount of blood to flow to areas which need it.
Where to buy Imdur online?
Imdur tablets are available to purchase online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 60 mg strength. Buy Imdur 60 mg online at a much lower price.
What does Imdur contain?
Imdur contains Isosorbide mononitrate as the active component. It is categorized as nitrates. Nitrates treat angina by dilating blood vessels, allowing the heart to pump blood effectively.
Effect of alcohol on Imdur
Acute ingestion of alcohol may also add up to the risk of abnormally low blood pressure. Therefore, avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment with Imdur.
What are the side effects of Imdur?
The side effects associated with the usage of Imdur 30 mg are:
- Paradoxical bradycardia
- A headache
- Abnormal hair texture
- Pruritus, acne
- Skin nodule
- Increased sweating
- Increased sputum
- Pulmonary infiltration
- Impaired concentration
- Decreased libido
- Breast pain
- Atrophic vaginitis
What medications interact with Imdur?
When should Imdur not be used?
- Do not take these tablets if you are allergic to any of the ingredients present in the preparation.
- Its use along with tadalafil, vardenafil, or sildenafil is contraindicated.
- Avoid taking these tablets just before physical activities to prevent chest pain. Your physician may prescribe with other medications for this purpose. Talk to your physician to get more information about this.
How should Imdur be used?
- 30mg is the suggested dose.
- Your physician may ask you to take a 30 mg tablet or half of a 60 mg tablet once daily. After evaluating your condition, your physician may increase your dose to 120 mg per day.
- The dose should be taken daily in the morning. Do not chew the tablet and swallow it with a full glass of water. Patients are advised to continue with the medicine until and unless asked by their physician to stop. Keep on taking the tablets daily. Follow your physician’s guidelines carefully.
How long should you take Imdur?
Take Imdur 60 mg tablets for as long as your physician suggests. Consume it on a regular basis as directed by your physician at the same time to get the best results.
Missed dose of Imdur
If you forget to take a dose of Imdur tablets, take it whenever you remember, but if it is too late, then skip the missed dose and take the next scheduled dose. Do not take an extra dose at the same time to compensate the forgotten dose.
How should Imdur be stored?
- Place it away from the reach of children
- Keep the drug away from direct light and heat
- Do not store it in the bathroom or near a sink