|Generic For||Isosorb Mono|
|Generic Name||Isosorbide Mononitrate|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.23||US$ 6.89|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.23||US$ 13.77|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.23||US$ 20.66|
Imdur 30mg (Isosorbide mononitrate)
Imdur is an oral extended-release formulation of Isosorbide Mononitrate, the primary active metabolite of Mononitrate dinitrate. It is indicated for the prevention of angina pectoris in patients with coronary heart disease. The active component of the medicine Isorbide mononitrate, is an organic nitrate, which is known to widen blood vessels in the heart to allow an increased amount of blood to flow to ischemic regions. This medicine will not relieve chest pain once it occurs.
What is Imdur used for?
Imdur 30 mg has been discovered to prevent angina pectoris. It treats angina by dilating blood vessels, which make the heart to pump blood efficiently. The medicine has categorized as a nitrate, which is used to prevent an angina attack from happening; it will not stop a chest pain that has already started or in progress.
How does Imdur work?
Imdur comprises of an active ingredient Isosorbide mononitrate, which produces vasodilation. It works by reducing left ventricular end-diastolic volume and left ventricular end-diastolic pressure, which results in reduced myocardial oxygen consumption. It also increases coronary blood flow by dilating coronary arteries and improving the collateral flow to the regions where blood supply is restricted. In this way, the medicine provides relief and prevents angina attacks.
Where to buy Imdur online?
Imdur is available to purchase online at premiumrxdrugs.com in 30 mg strength. You can buy Imdur 30 mg online at a quite affordable price as it does not put a burden on your pocket.
What does Imdur contain?
Imdur contains Isosorbide mononitrate as the main active ingredient. Each prolonged-release tablet delivers 30 mg of Isosorbide Mononitrate to the patient.
Effect of alcohol on Imdur
Alcohol may increase the risk of hypotension in patients taking Imdur 30 mg. Therefore, alcohol consumption should be avoided during the treatment.
What are the side effects of Imdur?
The side effects related to the usage of Imdur 30 mg are:
- Cardiovascular system disorders: paradoxical bradycardia, hypotension, syncope, and tachycardia.
- Central nervous system disorders: A headache and dizziness
- Gastrointestinal issues: Vomiting and nausea
- Dermatological effects: rash, abnormal hair texture, pruritus, acne, skin nodule, and increased sweating
- Respiratory system diseases: increased sputum, pulmonary infiltration, bronchitis, rhinitis, coughing, sinusitis, dyspnea, and bronchospasm
- Psychiatric issues: Insomnia, depression, confusion, anxiety, nervousness, somnolence, and impaired concentration
- Reproductive health related problems: decreased libido, impotence, breast pain, and atrophic vaginitis
- Miscellaneous: tolerance, flushing, etc.
What medications interact with Imdur?
- Co-administration of sildenafil, vardenafil, or tadalafil with Imdur 30 mg may cause hypotension. Therefore, drugs of men’s health category should be avoided during the treatment.
- Beta blockers, phenothiazines, antihypertensive, acute ingestion of alcohol may also add up to the risk of hypotension.
- When should Imdur not be used?
- Imdur 30 mg should not be used in patients with known hypersensitivity to Isosorbide mononitrate or other ingredients of the formulation.
- Concurrent use of Imdur with tadalafil, vardenafil, or sildenafil is contraindicated.
- It should not be used just before physical activities to prevent chest pain. Other medicines may be prescribed by your physician for these conditions. Consult your physician to get detailed information.
How should Imdur be used?
The recommended dose is 30 mg. It can be given as a single 30 mg tablet or half of a 60mg tablet once a day. Depending on the condition, your physician may increase your dose to 120 mg once daily. In rare cases, 240 mg may be required. The daily dose of Isosorbide mononitrate should be taken in the morning on arising. The tablets should not be crushed or chewed and should be swallowed with a glass full of water. Never break the tablet. Do not stop the treatment without consulting your physician. Always follow your physician’s instructions.
How long should you take Imdur?
Imdur should be used for as long as suggested by the physician. Use it regularly to get the best results.
Missed dose of Imdur
If you forget or miss a dose of Imdur 30 mg, do not try to make it up by doubling up your dose. Leave the missed dose and go back to your usual dosing schedule as soon as you can. And, do not forget to inform your physician about the missed dose.
How should Imdur be stored?
Keep the tablets in its original packet when not in use. Store it in a safe place where children and pets cannot reach it. It should be stored at room temperature. Place the medicine away from heat and moisture.