Indocap SR 75mg
|Generic For||Indocin SR|
Indocap SR - 75MG
Indocap SR is a medicine that is mostly prescribed for patients with certain inflammatory disorders. These health complications include:
Rheumatoid arthritis- a chronic autoimmune disease that causes joints to swell and can result in stiffness, pain and progressive loss of joint function.
Osteoarthritis- A common form of arthritis, that affects any joints, but occurs most often in the knees, lower back, neck, hips, and small joint so the fingers.
Gouty arthritis- A form of arthritis that results from an excess of uric acid in the blood and tissues of the body. If present for a long duration in the body can transform into needle-like crystals that can inflame your joints and cause swelling and severe pain.
Ankylosing spondylitis- It is a chronic, inflammatory rheumatic disease that mainly affects the spine and causes inflammation especially around the spinal bones.
Indocap SR comprises of an active ingredient called Indomethacin, which belongs to a group of drugs known as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It works by suppressing pain and inflammation in the body.
Indomethacin- The active ingredient
Indocap SR is especially discovered to treat the pain and inflammation caused by the chronic inflammatory joint disease. It is used to relieve pain and inflammation in joints affected by arthritis. The active component reduces symptoms like pain and swelling and inflammation as well as reduces stiffness in joints caused by arthritis while providing joint function. However, it is not for treating the underlying disease process.
Follow all directions on your prescription label or instructions of your health care provider. Do not take medication in larger amounts or for longer than recommended.
Side effects of Indocap SR
The most common side effects associated with the medicine are constipation, diarrhea, vomiting, heartburn, dizziness, gas, and stomach pain. Some serious side effects linked with Indomethacin usage are high blood pressure, stroke, heart failure, swelling, bleeding and ulcers in the stomach, renal impairment, and anemia. Some life-threatening skin reactions include liver failure, asthma episodes in people who have asthma.
Drugs that can interact with Indocap SR
- Concurrent use of Indomethacin with aspirin may decrease its effectiveness. A person taking arthritis medication along with aspirin may experience adverse gastrointestinal effects with aspirin, corticosteroids, alcohol, or NSAIDs.
- Your medication may decrease the effectiveness of diuretics and anti-hypertensives.
- Chronic use of acetaminophen can raise the risk of adverse renal reactions.
- Use of pharmaceutical agents like cefotetan, valproic acid, warfarin, thrombolytics, cefoperazone as well as drugs that affect platelet functions, including ticlopidine, eptifibatide, abciximab, ticlopidine, clopidogrel, and tirofiban can increase the chances of bleeding.
- There is an increased risk of hematologic reactions with radiation therapy or antineoplastic agents.
- Co-administration with potassium-sparing diuretics may result in hyperkalemia.
- Indocap SR may increase levels of digital glycosides, lithium, aminoglycosides, and methotrexate.
- Avoid concurrent use with zidovudine as there is an increased risk of toxicity from zidovudine.
- The use of Indomethacin with potassium-sparing diuretics may cause hyperkalemia.
- The use or insulins or oral hypoglycemic agents may cause an increased risk of hypoglycemia.
Patients are advised to take the drug with a glass of water and to remain in an upright position for about 15 to 30 minutes after administration. An individual taking Indomethacin capsules are instructed to take the medicine exactly as directed. Take the missed dose whenever you remember if not almost time to take the next dose. Make sure you don’t double the dose. The drug may also cause dizziness or drowsiness. Patients are advised to avoid driving or other activities that require alertness until response to medication is not unknown. Patients are also advised to avoid alcohol consumption without discussing with their health specialist.