Iopar SR - 250mg
Iopar SR- 250 mg (Acetazolamide)
Iopar SR- 250 mg (Acetazolamide)
Iopar SR is used to decrease the elevated pressure in the eye. It is used to treat different kinds of glaucoma problems including open angle glaucoma, acute angle-closure glaucoma, and secondary glaucoma. It can be used alone or along with other medicine to control pressure within your eyes. The medicine is supplied in the form of tablets and can be purchased only on the prescription of a physician.
Iopar SR general information
What is Iopar SR used for?
Iopar SR is used:
- To lower the intraocular pressure in the treatment of glaucoma.
- For the treatment of Edema due to heart failure
- For the management of acute altitude sickness
- As an adjunct to the treatment of refractory seizures
How does Iopar SR work?
Iopar SR contains the active component Acetazolamide which works by reducing the fluid pressure by decreasing formation of fluid within in the eye. It also works to increase the removal of water from the body by the kidney. In patients with epilepsy, the medicine block certain nerve damages that are responsible to cause seizures.
Where to buy Iopar SR online?
Iopar tablets are available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 250 mg strength. Buy Lopar SR 250 mg online at an affordable price.
What does Iopar SR contain?
Lopar SR contains the active ingredient Acetazolamide, which belongs to a group of medications called carbonic anhydrase inhibitors. Each tablet contains 250 mg of Acetazolamide.
What are the side effects of Iopar SR?
Please contact your physician if you observe any of the side effects:
- Transient nearsightedness
- Neurological issues such as paresthesias
- Hematological problems like haemolytic anemia, aplastic anemia, and leukemia
- Weakness, fatigue
- Stevenes-johnson syndrome
- Growth retardation in children receiving chronic therapy
- Metallic taste
- Allergic reactions including anaphylaxis
- Hyperchloremic acidosis
- Renal calculi
- Weight loss
What medications interact with Iopar SR?
Inform your physician about the following medications:
- Tricyclic antidepressants
When should Iopar SR not be used?
- Iopar SR should not be used in patients with known hypersensitivity to Acetazolamide and other inactive ingredients of the formulation.
- Patients with hepatic insufficiency should avoid taking Lopar tablets.
- It is not suitable for pregnant women.
- Coadministration with ophthalmic carbonic anhydrase inhibitors such as dorzolamide and brinzolamide is not recommended.
Use cautiously in the following conditions:
- Electrolite abnormalities
- Diabetes mellitus
- Renal disease
- Chronic respiratory disease
How should Iopar SR be used?
Take Lopar standard release tablets with a glass full of water. Carefully follow all the instructions of your physician. It is preferred to take on an empty stomach at least one hour before or one hour after consuming the food. Prefer taking it with food if stomach irritation occurs. Take your medicine at the prescribed intervals. Never take more than tablets than directed. Also, do not stop the treatment even if you feel better. Do not discontinue the treatment without discussing with your physician. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, immediately contact your physician.
How long should you use Iopar SR?
Continue taking Lopar extended release tablets for as long as your physician recommends. Take your medicine at the same time each day as this will help you to remember to take it regularly. If you have trouble remembering your doses, ask your physician for some tips.
Missed dose of Iopar SR
If you have forgotten a dose of Iopar SR 250 mg tablets, take it as soon you remember and go back to your usual dosing schedule. If the time to take the next dose is near, leave the forgotten dose and take the next dose. Do not double up the dose to compensate the missed one
How should Iopar SR be stored?
- Keep Lopar tablets in its original packet until it is time to take them.
- Keep the standard release tablets at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Do not store the medicine in the bathroom or near a sink. Also, do not leave it on a windowsill or in the car as heat and dampness can destroy some drugs.
- Place it where children cannot reach.