|Generic For||Isosorb Mono|
|Generic Name||Isosorbide Mononitrate|
|Manufacturer||ESP Pharma, Inc|
Ismo 20 mg (Isosorbide mononitrate)
Ismo is a medicine, which is used primarily in the treatment of angina pectoris and acts by dilating the blood vessels to reduce the blood pressure. It can be prescribed for the prevention of angina pectoris; it is used to prevent or at least reduce the occurrence of angina. The main ingredient of the medicine is Isosorbide mononitrate, which works to reduce the workload of the heart by producing venous and arterial dilation. Isosorbide mononitrate falls into the category of drugs known as nitrates.
What is Ismo used for?
Ismo is useful:
- Preventing long term treatment of coronary heart disease (CHD)
- Treating pulmonary hypertension
- Long treatment of coronary heart disease
- As a combination treatment in patients with chronic congestive heart failure, which is concomitantly being treated with glycosides, ACE inhibitors, diuretics or arterial vasodilating drugs.
How does Ismo work?
The medicine is known to relax or widen the blood vessels, making it easy for the heart to pump blood to all parts of the body.
Where to buy Ismo online?
The medicine is available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com in the following strength:
- Ismo 20 mg
You can buy Ismo 20 mg online far cheaper than your other local pharmacies.
What does Ismo contain?
Ismo is a medication that contains the active ingredient Isosorbide mononitrite. Each tablet delivers 20 mg of the beneficial component.
What are the side effects of Ismo?
A person using Ismo may experience any of the following side effects:
- Nitrate headache
- Feeling of weakness
- Postural hypotension
- Sore thtroat
- Cehst tightness
- Dry cough/dry mouth
- Stomach pain
- Pain or stiffness in joints
- Yellowing of skin
- Troubles breathing
- Skin rashes
- Swelling of lips, face, and mouth
- Drop in blood pressure
- Allergci skin reaction
- Formation of methaemoglobin
Patients are instructed to inform their physician if they experience any unwanted effects because of Ismo.
What medications interact with Ismo?
When Ismo is used at the same time as other drugs, the following interactions must be taken into account:
- Cough and cold medicines
- Lithium supplements
- Blood pressure medications
- Drosperinone and other medication used for birth control
- Erectile dysfunction drugs such as vardenafil and tadalafil
- Beta blocker drugs like atenolol
Never start a new medicine or stop any drug before consulting with your physician. Ask your physician for the full list of drugs that can interact with Isosorbide mononitrite.
When should Ismo not be used?
- Ismo must not be used in patients with marked hypotension.
- It is not suitable for patients with shock, circulatory collapse.
- Its use is contraindicated in myocardial infarction with low ventricular filling pressure.
- The medicine should not be used in patients with hypersensitivity to organic nitrates.
- Do not give to patients with cardiogenic shock unless sufficient end-diastolic pressure is maintained.
How should Ismo be used?
- The recommended dose of Ismo 20 mg is one tablet two times a day, which may be increased to one tablet thrice daily, depending on the individual’s requirement.
- To minimize or to prevent nitrate headache, it is suggested to take to reduce the dose to half a tablet two times a day for the first two days then your physician may increase your dose to one tablet two times a day for the next two days.
- Swallow the tablets with plenty of fluid; one tablet can be taken shortly before going to sleep.
How long should you take Ismo?
The treatment is normally a long term therapy. It should be taken daily for as the period it is recommended to you.
Missed dose of Ismo
Take your missed dose of Ismo 20 mg as soon as possible, except when it is near to the time for your next scheduled dose. If the time to take the next dose is close, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal dosing schedule. You are not supposed to take two doses at the same time. If you find difficulty remembering your dose, please ask your physician for some hints.
How should Ismo be stored?
- The medicine does not require any special storage conditions
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets
- Do not take the tablets after the expiry date printed on the package