Lametec DT - 100mg
Lametec is an anticonvulsant medicine approved for the treatment of epilepsy in adults and children. It can be used alone or along with other anticonvulsant agents
Lametec-100 mg (Lamotrigine)
Lametec is an anticonvulsant medicine approved for the treatment of epilepsy in adults and children. It can be used alone or along with other anticonvulsant agents. The tablets are available for oral administration as 100 mg. Each tablet contains the labelled amount of the active ingredient Lamotrigine. In the past few years, anticonvulsants have increasingly become the medications of choice to treat bipolar disorder, particularly in acute mania. In addition to its indication for epilepsy, the drug is useful in treating bipolar disorder. Your physician may prescribe this medicine for another reason.
Lametec general information
What is Lametec used for?
- Additional treatment of partial seizures in adults and children with epilepsy
- Adjunct treatment of primary generalized tonic clonic seizures in both adults and children
- Lennox-Gas taut syndrome
- Conversion to monotherapy in adults with partial seizures receiving primidone, carbamazepine, Phenobarbital, phenytoin, or valproate as the single antiepileptic agent
- Treatment of bipolar disorder.
How does Lametec work?
Lametec contains Lamotrigine as the main ingredient. It works by stabilizing neuronal membrane by inhibiting sodium transport. The action decreased incidence of seizures as well as delayed time to recurrence of mood episodes.
Where to buy Lametec online?
Lametec is available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 100 mg strength. Buy Lametec 100 mg online far cheaper than your local pharmacies.
What does Lametec contain?
Lametec comprises of an active component Lamotrigine, which belongs to a group of drugs known as antiepileptic medicines. Its regular administration alters certain chemical that are responsible for causing seizures.
Effects of alcohol on Lametec
Patients are advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment because the combination may increase drowsiness and sedation. Furthermore, the sedative effects of alcohol may act as a depressant, concealing the therapeutic effects of Lametec and make it a complicated treatment.
What are the side effects of Lametec?
The side effects associated with the use of Lametec are as follows:
- Impaired coordination
- Gastrointestinal symptoms
- Abdominal cramping
- Difficulty with walking
- Blurred vision
- Double vision
- Stevens Johnson syndrome
- Hepatic failure
- Behaviour changes
- Suicidal thoughts
What medications interact with Lametec?
- Coadminstration with Tegretol will reduce the blood levels of Lametec.
- Concurrent use with Valproic acid and Depakote will increase lametec levels, which may increase the risk of developing a rash.
- Lamotrigine when used along with other anticonvulsants like mysoline, dilantin, amd phenobarbiat may decrease its blood levels.
- Use of oral contraceptives may decrease serum levels of the medicine.
- There will be increased level of Lamotrigine when used together with Carbamazepine.
When should Lametec not be used?
The use of this medicine is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to Lametec and other inactive ingredients of the formulation.
Use it carefully in the following conditions:
- Renal dysfunction
- Hepatic dysfunction
- Prior history of rash to Lametec
How should Lametec be used?
Lametec is usually started at a low dosage of 25 mg/kg/day, and the dosage is slowly increased by 25 to 50 mg every two weeks. By week six, most patients are taking a target dose of 100 to 200 mg/day. When the medicine is administered in combination with other drugs, it should be introduced even slower and the target dose should not exceed 100 mg/day.
How long should you use Lametec?
Continue taking Lametec 100 mg for a long as your physician told you. The medicine helps to control your condition, but is not able to cure it. So, it is necessary to keep consuming it even, if you feel that your condition has improved.
Missed dose of Lametec
If you miss dose due to some reason, take it once you remember, within 2-3 hours of scheduled dosing. But, if it is near to your next scheduled dose, leave the missed dose and continue on your normal dosing schedule. Do not take double doses.
How should Lametec be stored?
Keep it out of the reach of children. Store the medicine at room temperature. Ensure that your children and pets don't have access to the medication.