Lamitor 200 mg ( lamotrigine )
Lamitor 200 mg (lamotrigine)
Lamitor is an anticonvulsant medication for treating epilepsy. It is useful in treating epilepsy in adults and children aged two years and older. It comprises of an active ingredient Lamotrigine, which falls into the category of drugs known as epileptic drugs. The medicine is supplied in the form of tablets for oral use. It is formulated for partial or generalized seizures, including a Lennox-Gastraut syndrome. The anticonvulsant is believed to change the levels of some chemicals in the brain associated with seizures. Your physician may prescribe Lamitor for another reason as well.
What is Lamitor used for?
Lamitor is useful:
- As adjunct treatment of partial seizures and children with epilepsy
- In Lennox-gas-traut syndrome
- As adjunct treatment of primary generalized tonic clonic seizures in adults and children
- As maintenance treatment of bipolar disorder
- As conversion to monotherapy in adults with partial seizures receiving phenobarbital, carbamazepine, valproate, or phenytoin as the single antiepileptic drug
How does Lamitor work?
Lamitor’s active ingredient Lamotrigine works by stabilizing neuronal membranes by inhibiting sodium transport. By doing this, it decreases incidence of seizures, and delay time to recurrence of mood episodes.
Where to buy Lamitor online?
You may like to buy Lamitor 200 mg online from premiumrxdrugs.com because you can get the lowest price as compared to any other online and local pharmacy store.
What does Lamitor contain?
Lamitor comprise of the beneficial component Lamotrigine. Each tablet for oral administration is formulated from 200 mg of Lamotrigine.
What are the side effects of lamitor?
- Central nervous system disorders: suicidal thoughts, headache, depression, Ataxia, behavior changes, Aseptic meningitis, insomnia, drowsiness, depression.
- Genitouterine disorders: vaginitis
- Musculoskeletal disorders: Arthralgia
- Dermatological issues: photosensitivity, rash
- Gastrointestinal problems: nausea, vomiting, hepatic failure
- EENT: blurred vision, rhinitis, double vision
- Miscellaneous disorders: Stevens-Johnson syndrome, multi-organ hypersensitivity reactions
What medications interact with Lamitor?
Tell your physician if you are taking any of the medicine during the treatment with Lamitor 200 mg:
- Valproic acid
- Oral contraceptive pills
Avoid taking these drugs as these can interact with Lamotrigine and affect its mode of action.
When should Lamitor not be used?
Lamitor is not suitable for patients with known hypersensitivity to Lamotrigine or other inactive ingredients of the formulation.
Use cautiously in the following conditions:
- Renal dysfunction
- Hepatic insufficiency
- Impaired cardiac function
- History of rash to Lamotrigine
How should Lamitor be used?
Do not confuse Lamotrigine with Levothyroxine and Lamivudine. The medicine can be taken without regard to meals. The treatment should be discontinued slowly at over at least two weeks, unless safety concerns require a more rapid withdrawal. Sudden discontinuation of treatment may cause an increase in seizure frequency.
Patients are instructed to notify physician immediately if fever, swollen lymph glands, skin rash occurs. Also inform if the frequency of seizure increases.
Always take medication exactly as directed. Do not alter your dosing schedule prescribed by your physician. Speak to your physician if you want to make any changes in your dosing schedule.
How long should Lamitor be used?
Do not stop taking the tablets or change the dose without first discussing with your physician. Continue taking Lamitor 200 mg as long as recommended to you.
Missed dose of Lamitor
If you have forgotten a dose of Lamitor 200 mg tablets, take it as soon you remember and go back to your usual dosing schedule. If the time to take the next dose is near, leave the forgotten dose and take the next dose. Do not double up the dose in order to compensate the missed one.
How should Lamitor be stored?
- Keep the tablets at room temperature in a cool and dry place
- Keep the medicine in its original packet until it is time to take them
- Place it where children cannot reach
- Do not store the tablets in the bathroom or near a sink. Also, do not leave it on a windowsill or in the car as heat and dampness can destroy some medications