Lanoxin 0.25 mg
|Lanoxin 0.25 mg
Lanoxin .025 mg
Lanoxin 0.25 mg tablets contain the active substance digoxin, which belongs to a group of drugs known as cardiac glycosides. It is indicated for the treatment of arrhythmias and heart failure. An arrhythmia is an irregular heartbeat that causes the heart to miss a beat, beat irregularly, or beat at a slow speed. This medicine contains the active ingredient Digoxin, which works by correcting irregular heartbeat to a normal rhythm and strengthens the force of a heartbeat, which is why it is effective for patients with heart failure.
What are the usage instructions of Lanoxin?
Lanoxin is used not to treat heart failure and heart arrhythmias. Patients are instructed to take this medicine as directed. Check with your doctor if you have any doubts about using this medicine. Your doctor will have decided how much of this medicine is right for you:
- It depends on the kind of heart problem you have as well as the severity of this condition
- It also depends on your age, weight, and how well your kidneys work
- Your doctor will adjust your dose based on your blood test results and how well you respond to the treatment. This is why a patient needs to adhere to the treatment regimen prescribed by the doctor strictly.
- Your doctor may prescribe a lower dose if you have taken another cardiac glucoside in the past two weeks.
Many drugs can interact with Digoxin. Patients are instructed to inform their doctors if they take any over-the-counter medicines, including vitamins and herbal supplements. Blood tests will be necessary to ensure that the dose of their medicine is appropriate for them. Patients are advised to contact their doctor if they experience diarrhoea, confusion, weakness, persistent diarrhoea, or visual disturbances, as these could be signs that the dose of Digoxin may be too high. Also, patients are instructed to record their heart rate and blood pressure daily. A pregnant woman or planning to become pregnant should consult a physician before initiating or continuing therapy with Lanoxin.
What are the Precautions (Things to remember, allergies, and warnings)?
Do not use Lanoxin 0.25 mg if any of the following applies to you:
- Are you allergic to Digoxin, other glycosides, or any other ingredients of this medicine
- Have serious heart problems
- Have an irregular heartbeat caused by cardiac glycoside intoxication or conditions such as Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome
- Have enlargement of the heart muscle
Talk to your doctor before using this medicine:
- If you are taking Lanoxin .025 mg, your doctor may ask you to have regular blood tests to identify the amount of this medicine in the bloodstream. This may be extremely effective in patients with kidney diseases.
- If you develop digoxin toxicity, this can lead to various heart rhythm problems, some of which resemble the rhythm disturbances for which the product is prescribed.
- If you have recently suffered a heart attack
- If you have abnormal heart rhythm and you are taking the medicine
What are the Side effects of Lanoxin .025 mg?
Common side effects of Lanoxin .025 mg are:
- Abnormal heartbeat
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea
- Allergic reactions of the skin may occur (urticaria, rash)
- Visual disturbances (blurred or yellow vision)
- Central nervous system disturbances such as dizziness
Talk to your doctor immediately if you get any of the following side effects.