Licab - 300mg
|Generic Name||Lithium Carbonate|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.07||US$ 2.17|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.07||US$ 4.35|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.07||US$ 6.51|
Licab 300 mg (Lithium carbonate)
Licab is supplied in the form of tablets for oral administration. It contains Lithium carbonate, an oral antidepressant mixed to treat episodes associated with bipolar disorders. The medicine alters the flow of sodium in the muscles and nerves to prevent symptoms associated with this condition such as an increased feeling of self-importance, reduced judgment, and hyperactivity. It is also effective in treating depression as well as eliminating the self-harming behavior.
What is Licab used for?
Licab is used for the management of bipolar disorder. It effectively even out the highs and lows in mood associated with the condition. The medicine is also useful in treating people with schizophrenia (a condition where changes in thinking to happen at the same time as a mood change). This looks like either mania or depression. It can also be prescribed to treat other unlisted conditions.
How do Licab works?
Licab’s active component is Lithium carbonate. It acts by altering cation transport in nerve and muscle. The active agent may also influence re-uptake of neurotransmitters.
Where to buy Licab online?
Licab is available to our client in 300 mg strength. Buy Licab 300 mg tablets online from premiumrxdrugs.com far cheaper than your other online and local pharmacies.
What does Licab contain?
Licab contains the active component Lithium carbonate, a commonly used agent for manic depression or bipolar disorder. Each Licab tablet delivers 300 mg of the beneficial ingredient to the patient.
What are the side effects of Licab?
The side effects related to the usage of this medicine are:
- Genitouterine disorders: nephrogenic diabetes insipidus, polyuria, renal toxicity, glycosuria
- Hematological issues: leukocytosis
- Neurological disorders: tremors
- Musculoskeletal disorders: muscle weakness, rigidity, hyperirritability
- Metabolic issues: weight gain
- Central nervous system problems: impaired memory, sedation, drowsiness, restlessness, ataxia, headache, stupor, psychomotor retardation, fatigue, dizziness, seizures
- Cardiovascular problems: edema, unmasking of Brugada syndrome, arrhythmias, hypotension, ECG changes
- Dermatological issues: alopecia, pruritus, acneiform eruption, diminished sensation, folliculitis
- Ocular diseases; tinnitus, blurred vision, aphasia, dysarthria
- Gastrointestinal issues: anorexia, dry mouth, diarrhea, metallic taste, abdominal pain, bloating
- Miscellaneous: Hyperglycemia, goiter, hyponatremia, hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism
What medication interacts with Licab?
- Neuromuscular blocking agents
- Potassium iodide agents
- Drugs containing large amounts of sodium
When should Licab not be used?
- Licab tablets are suitable for patients with severe cardiovascular or renal diseases.
- Avoid taking it you are suffering Brugada syndrome.
- Its use is contraindicated in dehydrated and debilitated patients.
- The medicine is not suitable for lactating mothers.
Use it cautiously in the following conditions:
- Thyroid diseases
- Diabetes mellitus
- Geriatric patients
How should Licab be taken?
- The recommended dose for adults and children equal to or greater than 12 years of age are 300 to 600 mg thrice daily. 300 mg 3 to 4 times daily is the maintenance dose.
- 15 to 20 mg per kg daily is the suggested dose for children less than 12 years of age. It should be administered in three divided doses.
- Monitor mental status initially and periodically during the treatment.
- Evaluate thyroid and kidney functions.
- Certain laboratory tests to check white blood cell (WBC) count, electrolytes and glucose level should be performed routinely.
- Assessment should be done for signs and symptoms of lithium toxicity.
How long should Licab be used?
Continue using this antidepressant agent as long as recommended by your physician. Use it regularly to take the most benefits out of it.
Missed dose of Licab
If you miss a dose of Licab 300 mg take the dose as soon as you remember, but if the time of another dose is nearby skip the missed dose, do not overdose and take your another dose on time. Try not to miss any dose of the drug as skipping doses can increase the chances that your medication will not work properly.
How to store Licab?
- Store in a cool and dry place, away from direct heat and sunlight
- Store at room temperature
- Keep all the medicines out of the reach and sight of children