Lisinopril 10 mg
Lipril 10 mg (Lisinopril)
Lipril 10 mg tablets contain Lisinopril, a competitive angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors that demonstrate antihypertensive and cardiotonic effects. ACE inhibitors cause the body to produce less angiotensin, resulting in a reduction in blood pressure and an improvement in heart function. It is orally active and has reduced blood-brain barrier permeability. The drug may be used alone or in combination with other antihypertensive agents.
What is Lipril 10 mg used for?
- In the treatment of hypertension
- In patients whose heart is not able to pump properly
- After a heart attack
- In the treatment of kidney problems due to type II diabetes in people with hypertension
How does Lipril 10 mg work?
Lipril tablets contain Lisinopril, which belongs to a group of drugs called ACE inhibitors. Lisinopril inhibits competitively the activity of kinase II to prevent the formation of angiotensin II from the inactive decapeptide angiotensin I. The activity occurs in tissues and blood including blood vessels, kidney, heart, brain, and adrenal gland. Decrease in the blood pressure level secondary to vasodilation following angiotensin converting enzyme inhibition is greatest when the rennin-angiotensin system is stimulated, but ACE inhibitors also lower the blood pressure level when there is the low activity of the rennin-angiotensin system.
What are the different doses of Lipril?
Lipril tablets are available to purchase online in 10 mg strength. You can buy Lipril 10 mg from our website, premiumrxdrugs.com to grab various exciting offers.
What does Lipril 10 mg contain?
The active ingredient is Lisinopril. Each Lipril tablet contains 10 mg Lisinopril.
What are the adverse effects of Lipril 10 mg?
If you are concerned about any adverse effects, please talk to your doctor. If any of the given adverse effects gets serious, or if you observe any adverse effects not listed in this document, please inform your physician or pharmacist.
The common ones are as follows:
- Pain in the chest
Some uncommon, but serious side effects include:
- Muscle weakness
- Flu symptoms
- Mouth sores
- Unusual weight gain
What are the medications interact with Lipril 10 mg?
Lipril may have an effect on working of other drugs, and other drugs may have an effect on the mode of action of Lipril.
Please tell your doctor, if you are taking or have recently taken any other drugs, including drugs obtained without a prescription.
The following medicines should be avoided, in case physician prescribes you Lipril to avoid possible drug interactions.
- Nitrate medicines
- Water pills
- Medicines containing potassium or salt substitutes
- Aliskiren containing medicines
- Medications used to treat depression
When should Lipril 10 mg not be used?
- It should not be used in patients with hypersensitivity to any component of the preparation
- Coadministration of Aliskiren with Lipril in patients with diabetes is contraindicated
- It should not be administered in patients with angioedema
How should Lipril be taken?
- Hypertension: The recommended adult dosage is 10 mg (monotherapy) or 5 mg (on a diuretic) once daily. Based on the response, your physician may increase your dosage up to 40 mg daily. Initial dose in patients six years of age and older is 5 mg daily.
- Heart failure: The initial recommended dosage is 5 mg once daily. 40 mg daily is the maximum recommended dose.
- Acute myocardial infarction (MI): 5 mg should be administered within 24 hours of MI followed by 5 mg after 24 hours, and then 10 mg once in a day.
- For patients with renal impairment: Initiate treatment at 2.5 mg.
- Do not skip doses or stop using Lipril tablets suddenly. Stopping the medicine suddenly may make your condition worse.
- You should only take the number of tablets that you have been told. Visit your nearest medical centre immediately, if you think that you have taken too many Lipril tablets by mistake. The symptoms of an overdose include: fatigue, extreme dizziness, and lightheadedness, etc.
- The dosage regimen may differ from the information contained in this document. In the case of any confusion, please consult your doctor.
How long should you take Lipril 10 mg?
Continue taking it for as long as your physician recommends. Take your medicine at the same time each day as this will help you to remember to take it regularly. If you have trouble remembering your doses, ask your physician for some tips.
Missed dose of Lipril 10 mg?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Leave the missed dose, if it is almost time for your next dose. Do not take an extra dose to make up the missed one.
How should Lipril 10 mg be stored?
- Keep it out of the reach of children and away from pets. Avoid exposure to light, moisture, and heat.
- Do not place it in the bathroom or near a sink.