Lobet 100 mg
Lobet 100 mg (Labetalol Hydrochloride)
The administration of Lobet results in sustained control of blood pressure. It belongs to a group of medicines known as beta blockers. The drugs in this category are used for the treatment of hypertension (high blood pressure). It is useful in treating all degrees of hypertension. The medicine lowers the blood pressure by changing the body’s response to some nerve impulses. Therefore, it relaxes blood vessels in the body, causing the blood pressure to fall. It is important that your physician controls blood pressure, because if left untreated, it can damage your blood vessels. This damage may lead to life-threatening problems such as kidney failure, blindness, stroke, and heart attacks.
Lobet general information
What is Lobet used for?
Lobet is especially formulated for hypertensive emergencies. It is especially useful in hypertension neurologic emergencies with resultant increased intracranial pressure. Your physician may also prescribe Lobet for other conditions.
How do Lobet works?
Lobet comprises of an active component Labetalol hydrochloride, which functions by blocking stimulation of Beta1 and beta2, and adrenergic receptor sites. It also exerts alpha1 adrenergic blocking activity, which may lead to more orthostatic hypotension.
Where to buy Lobet?
You can buy Lobet 100 mg online at our store premiumrxdrugs.com at a reasonable price and with quick delivery options as compared to any other online pharmacy store.
What does Lobet contain?
Lobet contains the main active ingredient labetalol hydrochloride, which falls into the category of beta blocker drugs. Each Lobet tablet delivers 100 mg of the beneficial ingredient to the patient.
What are the side effects of Lobet?
The side effects of the medicine are as follows:
- Respiratory tract disorders: bronchospasm, wheezing
- Neurological problems: paresthesia
- Central nervous system disorders: depression, drowsiness, mental status changes,
- Cardiovascular system disorders: bradycardia, pulmonary edema, arrhythmias, chronic heart failure, orthostatic hypotension.
- Dermatological issues: itching, rashes
- Ocular disturbances: dry eyes, nasal stuffiness, intraoperative floppy iris syndrome, blurred vision.
- Genitouterine disorders: erectile dysfunction
What medication interacts with Lobet?
Following is the list of drugs that has the potential to affect the working of Lobet 100 mg:
To avoid drug interactions, please tell your physician about all the above-mentioned drugs.
When should Lobet not be used?
- Lobet is not recommended for patients with uncompensated heart failure.
- It is not suitable for patients with cardiogenic shock.
- The medicine should not be used in patients with known hypersensitivity to alpha blockers or other components of the medicine.
- It should not be given to patients with bradycardia or heart block.
Use it cautiously in the following conditions:
- Diabetes mellitus
- Severe allergic reactions
- Hepatic insufficiency
- Renal impairment
- Pediatric patients
How should Lobet be taken?
Your physician will tell you how many Lobet tablets to take and when to take it. It is advised to take the medicine exactly as prescribed by your physician. Depending on the tolerability and severity of the condition, the dosage will be decided; your physician will determine the best dose for you after evaluating you.
The usual starting dose is 100 to 200 mg two times a day. Geriatric, patients, may require smaller doses.
- Blood pressure and pulse should be monitored during dose adjustment and periodically during the treatment.
- Intake and out ratios and weight should be measured on a regular basis. Assess patient for evidence of fluid overload.
- Certain laboratory tests such as serum lipoprotein, triglyceride levels, potassium, and uric acid levels should be measured.
How long should Lobet be used?
Take Lobet tablets exactly as prescribed by your physician. Do not consume it in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the instructions on your prescription label. Your physician may occasionally change your dosing schedule to make sure you get the best treatment.
Missed dose of Lobet
Talk with your physician for instructions if you miss a dose of Lobet 300 mg.
How to store Lobet?
- Keep the medicine at controlled room temperature
- Place it way from the direct sunlight, heat and moisture. Don’t freeze the tablets
- Keep all your medicines away from the sight of children’s and pets