|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.26||US$ 7.65|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.26||US$ 15.32|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.26||US$ 22.98|
Lorvas 2.5 mg (Indapamide)
Lorvas is an antihypertensive medicine used for oral administration. Its active ingredient Indapamide belongs to a group of drugs known as diuretics. The administration of the medicine allows the heart muscles as well as surrounding blood vessels to relax completely and carry the enough amount of blood more efficiently. It can be used alone or along with other antihypertensive agents to lower blood pressure.
What is Lorvas used for?
Lorvas is essential for treating hypertension. It may be used a monotherapy or in combination with other medications to treat patients with high blood pressure. The medicine is also indicated for the treatment of edema associated with heart failure and other causes.
How does Lorvas work?
Lorvas comprises of an active component Indapamide, which works by inhibiting sodium reabsorption in the distal tube. The activity increases excretion of sodium and water in the body. It produces excretion of potassium, bicarbonate, magnesium, and chloride and may also produce arteriolar dilation. As a result, the medicine lowers blood pressure in hypertensive patients and diuresis with the subsequent mobilization of edema.
What are the different doses of Lorvas?
Lorvas is available to buy online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 2.5 mg strength. Buy Lorvas 2.5 mg online at an unbeatable price.
What does Lorvas contain?
Each film-coated tablet contains 2.5 mg of Indapamide hemihydrates as the main active ingredient.
What are the side effects of Lorvas?
Hypokalemia and hypersensitivity reactions may occur in people with a predisposition to allergic and asthmatic reactions. In rare cases, pancreatitis, abnormal hepatic function, toxic epidermal necrolysis, hyperkalemia, hypotension, renal failure, dyscrasias, angioedema, and Steven Johnson syndrome may occur. Other side effects may include hepatitis, hyponatremia, syncope, elevated liver enzymes and QT prolongation.
Consult your physician for a full list of the side effects.
What medications interact with Lorvas?
There are some drugs with which the intake of Lorvas 2.5 mg is restricted due to drug interactions. These drugs may include:
- Birth control pills
When should Lorvas not be used?
- The Lorvas tablets should not be used in patients with known hypersensitivity to Indapamide or other inactive ingredients present in the formulation.
Use it with caution in the following conditions:
- Renal or hepatic insufficiency
- Pediatric patients as the safety has not been established in this population
- Geriatric patients
How should Lorvas be used?
- The recommended dose for the treatment of hypertensive patients is 1.25 mg to 5 mg once daily. It may be increased up to four week intervals up 5 mg per day.
- For edema associated with heart failure, 2.5 mg once a day is the morning is the suggested dose. Your physician may increase your dose up to 5 mg daily after one week.
- Blood pressure, intake, and output, and daily weight should be monitored periodically during the treatment. Assess legs, feet, and sacral area for edema daily.
- Certain lab test should be performed periodically during the therapy. These may include electrolytes, glucose level, serum creatinine, and uric acid levels.
How long should you use Lorvas?
Continuous use on a regular basis will determine the effectiveness of Lorvas in controlling high blood pressure. The patient should follow the accompanying patient information carefully for proper use of the medicine and succeed in achieving maximum improvement. You should not exceed the prescribed dose.
Missed dose of Lorvas
Take the missed dose of Lorvas 2.5 mg as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next dose. Never take an extra dose to make up the missed one. Try to take the drug at the same time each day as this will reduce the chance of missing the dose.
How should Lorvas be stored?
- Keep the tablets in a place where children and pets cannot reach
- Avoid exposure to moisture, heat, and light
- Do not place it in the bathroom or near a sink
- Always keep your tablets in the original package