Metolar XR 50mg
Metolar is used to treat hypertension, chest pain due to poor blood flow to the heart, and numerous conditions involving an abnormally fast heart beat. It is also used to prevent further heart problems after a heart attack, and to prevent headaches in those with migraines
|Generic For||Toprol XL|
|Generic Name||Metoprolol Succinate||Expiry|
Metolar XR- 50 mg (Metoprolol Succinate)
Metolar capsules contain Metoprolol succinate, a selective beta-receptor blocker that act especially on the heart. Metolar capsules for oral administration are available as extended-release capsules. These capsules have been formulated to provide a controlled release of Metoprolol succinate for once-daily administration.
What is Metolar XR-50 mg used for?
Metolar is used to treat hypertension, chest pain due to poor blood flow to the heart, and numerous conditions involving an abnormally fast heart beat. It is also used to prevent further heart problems after a heart attack, and to prevent headaches in those with migraines.
How does Metolar XR-50 mg work?
Metolar extended-release capsules contain Metoprolol succinate, a β1 receptor antagonist was first made in 1969. It is on the WHO list of essential medicines, the most important medicines required in a basic health system.
The mechanism of Metoprolol succinate has not been fully elucidated. However, several possible mode of actions have been proposed:
- Competitive antagonism of catecholamines at the site of a peripheral adrenergic neuron, resulting in decreased cardiac output
- A central effect is resulting in reduced sympathetic outflow to the periphery
- Suppression of rennin activity
- Metoprolol succinate works by blocking a catecholamine-induced increase in heart rate, in blood pressure, and in velocity and extent of myocardial contraction. It decreases the oxygen requirements of the heart at any given level of effort, thus making it useful for the management of angina pectoris.
What are the different doses of Metolar XR-50 mg?
Metolar capsules are available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com in doses of 25 mg, 50 mg, and 100 mg. Buy Metolar XR-50 mg online at a much lower price.
What does Metolar XR-50 mg contain?
Each Metolar XR capsules contain the active ingredient Metoprolol succinate, a beta blocker drug that affects the heart and circulation (blood flow through veins and arteries).
Effects of alcohol on Metolar XR-50 mg
Metolar capsules may cause lightheadedness, dizziness, or drowsiness. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol. Therefore, avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment with Metolar.
What are the side effects of Metolar XR-50 mg?
Tell your physician if you do not feel well while consuming Metolar. This drug helps most people, but it may have some unwanted side-effects in a few people. All drugs can have side effects, sometimes they are severe, most of the time they are not.
Tell your physician or pharmacist if you notice any of the following and they worry you:
- Pain in the abdomen
- Sleeping problems
If any of the following occur, call your physician immediately, or you may go to emergency at your nearest hospital.
- Mood swings
Other side effects not mentioned above may occur in some patients. Inform your physician if you observe anything that is making your feel unwell.
What medications interact with Metolar XR-50 mg?
Tell your physician if you are consuming any other drugs, including any that you buy without a prescription from your nearest pharmacy. These may include:
Ask your physician to provide you the full list of the drugs that should be avoided with Metolar, so that you do not consume them mistakenly.
When should Metolar XR-50 not be used?
- You are allergic to Metolar or other components of Metoprolol Succinate
- You have decompensated heart failure
- You have cardiogenic shock
- You have pheochromocytoma
- You have an atrioventricular block of second or third degree
- You have low blood pressure
- You have heart rhythm disorders
- You have peripheral vascular disease or bad circulation
How should Metolar XR be taken?
- Metolar is available in the form of an XR capsule. It is intended for once-daily treatment and can be taken with or without food. The capsules should be swallowed with liquid. Do not open the shell of the capsule.
- Do not alter the dosing schedule, unless your physician advises you to do so.
- Take the medicine regularly to get the best results.
- In some cases, the condition may become worse when the intake of the medicine is stopped suddenly. Your dose may need to be slowly decreased.
- Immediately talk to your physician, if you think that you or anyone else may have consumed too much medicine. Do this, even if there are no symptoms of discomfort, or poisoning. You may require urgent medical attention. The symptoms of an accidental overdose may include: confusion, sudden hunger, dizziness, sweating, shakiness, nausea, vomiting, and vision-related problems, etc.
How long should you take Metolar XR-50 mg?
Metolar XR-25 mg capsule is taken every day, till your physician tell you when to stop consuming it after analysing your condition.
Missed dose of Metolar XR-50 mg?
If you miss the dose take it as soon as you remember, but if it is too late, then skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the correct scheduled time. Never double the dose to make up for the missed one.
How long Metolar XR-50 mg be stored?
- Store it at room temperature.
- Keep the capsules in its original packet until it is time to take them.
- Do not store it or any other medicine in the bathroom or near a sink. Also, do not leave your capsules on a windowsill or in the car. Heat and dampness can destroy some drugs.
- Keep the medicine where children cannot reach.