|Generic For||Flagyl 200 mg|
|Manufacturer||J.B. Chemichals Pvt. Ltd.|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.05||US$ 1.60|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.05||US$ 3.19|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.05||US$ 4.79|
Metrogyl 200 mg (Metronidazole)
Metrogyl is an antibiotic medication formulated for the treatment of certain bacterial infections and other organisms in different parts of the body. It can also be prescribed for the prevention of certain infections that may occur during surgery. The active component of the medicine is Metronidazole, which falls into the category of drugs known as nitroimidazoles. These drugs stop the growth of bacteria and other organisms that are responsible for causing infections. The medicine has both antimicrobial and antiprotozoal properties.
What is Metrogyl used for?
Metrogyl is prepared for the treatment of:
- Protozoal infections such as trichomoniasis, mycotic vaginitis, amoebic, lambliasis, amoebiasis, amoebic dysentery, urethritis, and balantidiasis
- Respiratory tract infections such as pulmonary abscess, necrotic pneumonia
- Anaerobic infections caused by Bacteroides fragile and other Bacteroides, eubacteria, anaerobic cocci, clostridium, fusobacterium
- Gas gangrene, cerebral abscess, tetanus osteomyelitis, septicemia, meningitis
- Intra-abdominal infections, abscess of the liver, pelvic abscess, post-operative infections, peritonitis, cholecystitis, puerperal sepsis, including prevention of post-operative anaerobic infections.
How does Metrogyl work?
The antibiotic medication works by killing infection-causing bacteria in your body.
Where to buy Metrogyl online?
Metrogyl tablets are available to purchase online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 200 mg strength. Buy Metrogyl 200 mg online at a much lower price.
What does Metrogyl contain?
Metrogyl contains Metronidazoel as the main ingredient. Each metrogyl tablet delivers 200 mg of the beneficial ingredient.
What are the side effects of Metrogyl?
The side effects of Metrogyl are given below:
- Dry mouth
- Metallic taste in the mouth
- Cholestatic jaundice
- Increase in levels of hepatic enzymes
- Loss of appetite
- Intestinal colic
- Disorders of consciousness
- Epileptic fits
- Movement coordination disorders
- Increased excitability
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Vaginal fungal flora
- Burning sensation in the urinary tract
- Reddish brown color of the eye
- Nasal congestion
- Skin rash
- Anaphylactic shock
- Hyperemia of the skin
What medications interact with Metrogyl?
The following drugs have been reported to potentiate harmful effects on Metrogyl:
- Lithium or any other antidepressant medication
- Anticancer medications such as carmustine, cyclophosphamide or 5-flourouracil
When should Metrogyl not be used?
- Metrogyl should not be used in patients with organic disorders of the central nervous system.
- Its use is contraindicated in patients with blood disorders.
- The medicine should not be used in patients with liver impairment.
- It should be avoided in patients with known hypersensitivity to Metronidazole or other components of the formulation.
- It is not suitable for those women who are in their first trimester of pregnancy.
How should Metrogyl be taken?
The medicine is supplied in the form of a tablet. It should be swallowed without chewing before or after consuming food. The recommended dose for adults and children over 15 years of age is 200 to 400 mg 2 to 3 times daily. The dosage depends on the nature of the infection.
- For trichomoniasis- The recommended dose is 200 mg three times for seven days.
- For amoebiasis- 400mg thrice a day is the recommended dose. For children, the dose should be given as 30 to 40 mg/kg/day in three divided doses. The duration of the treatment is 7 to 10 days.
- For anaerobic abscess of the liver- The suggested dose is 200 to 400 mg three times a day along with antibiotics. Fro the treatment of children, the required dose is 30 to 35 mg/kg/day in three divided doses. The treatment course is about 5 to 10 days.
- For the prevention of anaerobic infections before surgery on the pelvic organs and intestines- It should be taken as a single peroral dose fo 1000 mg, followed by 200 mg thrice a day.
- For anaerobic bacterial infections- For the treatment of adults, 200 to 400 mg 2 to 3 times daily. For the treatment of children, 7 mg/kg every eight hours. The treatment course is 7 to 10 days.
- For patients with renal and hepatic insufficiency, the medicine is taken as 1 g in two divided doses.
How long should you take Metrogyl?
For the treatment of infections, the duration of the treatment is seven days. However, your physician may prescribe this medicine for longer or shorter period depending on your health condition. Your physician will be the right person to tell you for how long you need to take Metrogyl.
You must check with your physician if you have any doubt about how long metronidazole tablet should be taken. You need to take it for as long as your physician recommends.
Missed dose of Metrogyl
If you miss a dose of Metrogyl then you need to keep the following things in mind:
- Never taken two doses at the same time to compensate the missed dose.
- Take it when you remember, but it should be taken as soon as possible. If it is almost time for the next scheduled dose, please leave that dose and take the next dose on time.
- Talk to your physician if you don’t know what to do after missing a dose.
How should Metrogyl be stored?
- Do not store the tablets in the bathroom or near the sink
- Keep it in a cool, dry place at controlled room temperature
- It should be kept in a place where children and pets cannot reach