Montelukast 10mg Tablet
|Generic Name||Montelukast Sodium|
Montair 10 mg (Montelukast 10mg Tablet)
Montairis a drug that contains Montelukast Sodium as the main active ingredient. Montelukast Sodium 10mg belongs to a category of drug known as leukotriene receptor antagonists. It is used for the maintenance treatment of asthma and other seasonal allergic symptoms. This drug can only treat the asthma symptoms like itchy, runny, or stuffy nose, sneezing.
What is Montair used for?
It is used to treat allergic symptoms such as itching, runny nose, or watery eyes. This drug is a combination of antileukotriene and antihistamine drug, used in the allergic rhinitis condition. Montelukast sodium helps in making breathing easier by decreasing swelling of airways and clears the breathing process. It is also given before exercise to avoid bronchospasm during exercise.
How does Montair works?
Montelukast, the active substance of Montair 10 mg is a leukotriene receptor antagonist used as an alternative to anti-inflammatory medications in the management and chronic treatment of asthma and exercise-induced bronchospasm (EIB). Unlike Zafirlukast, Montelukast does not inhibit CYP2C9 or CYP3A4 and is, therefore, not expected to affect the hepatic clearance of drugs metabolized by these enzymes.
What are the side effects of Montair?
There are several significant side effects of this drug which should be kept under consideration before taking the medicine:
- Tingling sensation
- Increased bleeding tendency
- Churg-Strauss syndrome
- Sleeping problems
- Severe dizziness
- Mood swings like agitation and aggression
When should Montair not be used?
You should avoid Montairif you are:
- If a patient is suffering from any kind of hepatic and renal problem, including dialysis treatment, mental disorder such as depression, this drug is harmful in these conditions, therefore, it is advised to consult your doctor and let him know about your medical history prior taking this drug.
- Take this drug only when it is needed during pregnancy, it may harm the fetus therefore, it is advised to take this medicament under the doctor’s supervision with a regular checkup.
- If the patient is having a mental disorder, epilepsy problem or any other condition that cause fit, in this case tell your doctor about your medical problem before taking this medication.
- Do not drive or use any machinery because using these Tablets may have a minor or moderate effect on your ability to drive and using of machines. They may cause dizziness, so avoid driving and use of machines, while taking this drug
- Avoid alcohol while taking this drug
- Use this drug with caution in elderly patients, older adults may be more sensitive to the side effects of this drug
Please consult your doctor before using Montair.
How should Montair be taken?
The medicine should be taken as prescribed by your physician. If possible, take the dose at a particular time each day; this will minimize the probability of a missed dose. Generally, 1 or two tablets are efficient to relieve you from the symptoms. Never overdose or under-dose, instead, take the prescribed dosage.
How long should you take Montair?
The medicine should be taken for as long as the doctor has recommended. It should be consumed orally. It is advised to use this medication exactly as per your doctor’s instructions.
Missed dose of Montair.
If you miss one dose of Montair 10 mg, you should not attempt to double your next dose. Just do follow the regular dosing schedule.
How should Montair be stored?
Montair should be stored at controlled room temperature away from heat, moisture and temperature and in an airtight container. Keep it away from the reach and sight of children.