Montair Chewable Tablets 4mg
|Generic Name||Montelukast Sodium|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.37||US$ 11.21|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.37||US$ 22.44|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.37||US$ 33.65|
Montair Chewable 4mg tablet (Montelukast Sodium)
Montair Chewable tablets contain Montelukast Sodium as the main active ingredient. Montelukast Sodium belongs to a category of drug known as leukotriene receptor antagonists. It is used for the maintenance treatment of asthma and other seasonal allergic symptoms. This drug can only treat the asthma symptoms like itchy, runny, or stuffy nose, and sneezing.
Montair Chewable tablets general information.
It is used to treat allergic symptoms such as itching, runny nose or watery eyes. This drug is a combination of antileukotriene and antihistamine drug, used in the allergic rhinitis condition.
How does Montair Chewable tablets works?
The active ingredient of Montair chewable tablets Montelukast, like Zafirlukast, is a leukotriene receptor antagonist used as an alternative to anti-inflammatory medications in the management and chronic treatment of asthma and exercise-induced bronchospasm (EIB). Unlike Zafirlukast, Montelukast does not inhibit CYP2C9 or CYP3A4 and is, therefore, not expected to affect the hepatic clearance of drugs metabolized by these enzymes.
What medicines interact with Montair Chewable tablets?
It is important that you make known to your physician all the medications you use as there are several medicines which are found to interact with this drug are as follows:
What are the side effects of Montair Chewable tablets?
There are several significant side effects of this drug that needs to be taken into consideration before taking the medicine:
- Tingling sensation
- Increased bleeding tendency
- Churg-Strauss syndrome
- Sleeping problems
- Severe dizziness
- Mood swings like agitation and aggression
When should Montair Chewable tablets not be used?
You should avoid Montair Chewable tablets if you are:
- If a patient is suffering from any kind of hepatic and renal problem, including dialysis treatment, mental disorder such as depression, this drug is harmful in these conditions, therefore, it is advised to consult your doctor and let him know about your medical history prior taking this drug.
- Take this drug only when it is needed during pregnancy, it may harm the fetus therefore, it is advised to take this medicament under the doctor’s supervision with a regular checkup.
- Do not drive or use any machinery because using these Tablets may have a minor or moderate effect on your ability to drive and using of machines. They may cause dizziness, so avoid driving and use of machines, while taking this drug
- Avoid alcohol while taking this drug.
- Use this drug with caution in elderly patients, older adults may be more sensitive to the side effects of this drug
How should Montair Chewable tablets be used?
The medicine should be taken as prescribed by your physician. If possible, take the dose at a particular time each day; this will minimize the probability of a missed dose. Generally, 1 or two tablets are efficient to relieve you from the symptoms. Never overdose or under-dose, instead, take the prescribed dosage.
How long should you take Montair Chewable tablets?
The medicine should be taken for as long as the doctor has recommended. It should be consumed orally. It is advised to use this medication exactly as per your doctor’s instructions.
Missed dose of Montair Chewable tablets.
If you miss one dose of Montair Chewable tablets 4 mg, you should not attempt to double your next dose. Just do follow the regular dosing schedule.
How should Montair Chewable tablets be stored?
Montair Chewable tablets should be stored at controlled room temperature away from heat, moisture and temperature and in an airtight container. Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.