|Manufacturer||Valeant Pharmaceuticals International|
Mysoline 250mg (Primidone)
Mysoline 250mg is an anti-convulsant medicine used to treat seizures. It is also called as an anti-epileptic medicine that is used alone or in combination with other medicines. Primidone is related to a group of medicines known as barbiturate anti-convulsants.The active ingredient contained in the tablets of Mysoline 250 mg is Primodine.
What is Mysoline 250 mg used for?
Mysoline 250mg, as an anti- convulsant medicine used to treat convulsions or seizures. The administration of Primidone controls seizures. Convulsions occur due to the abnormal electrical activity in the brain. Mysoline tablets are used for the treatment of seizures, and these tablets are available on our website. Buy Mysoline tablets online from our website, premiumrxdrugs.com.
How does Mysoline 250 mg work?
Mysoline 250 mg controls or decreases the abnormal electrical activity in the brain of a person that take place during a convulsion.
What are the different doses of Mysoline 250 mg?
Mysoline is present in 250 mg strength. One can also buy Mysoline 250 mg from our website, premiumrxdrugs.com.
How should Mysoline be taken?
Mysoline is available in the form of tablet. It should be taken 3-4 times in a day or as recommended by the physician or pharmacist. The doctor may start Mysoline at a low dose and gradually increase its dose.
If you are already taking some other medicine to treat convulsions, and your doctor asks you to initiate Mysoline with other medicine, the doctor will increase the dose of Primidone. The doctor will gradually decrease the dose of other medicine.
It may be taken with or without meals but if taken with food, it prevents from various stomach problems.
- Overdose: Call the doctor, in case of an overdose of Primidone as it can cause side effects.
Missed dose of Mysoline:
Do not miss the dose Mysoline. In case you miss, skip the missed one and take the next dose of the medicine on the recommended time. If you are too late in taking the dose, inform you doctor about the missed dose. Do not take two doses of Primidone at once.
What are Side effects of Mysoline?
Some of the common adverse effects of the medicine are as follows:
- Decrease in the sexual ability
- Loss of Appetite
- Vision problem
- Coordination problem
- Immoderate tiredness
- Uncontrolled eye movements
Some of the serious adverse effects of the medicine are as follows:
- Swollen lips, face and tongue
- Mood changes
- Tightness in the chest
- New or worsening convulsions
- Measles-like rash
Call you physician in above health conditions. You may also experience side effects other than these; in that case, immediately visit a hospital.
What medications interact with Mysoline?
Inform your doctor about the following medicines:
- Methylene blue
Tell your doctor about other medicines that you are taking except Mysoline as they may interact with it and cause adverse effects.
When should Mysoline not be used?
What you should remember while taking the medicine:
- If you are allergic to Primidone or its components, do not consume it.
- Tell your doctor if you have ever had problems such as Mental disease, blood disease, kidney, lung or liver disease and deficiency of Folic acid and Vitamin K.
- Avoid driving while taking the medicine as it can cause drowsiness. A motor activity requires a high level of mental alertness.
- Avoid drinking alcohol during the treatment. Inform your doctor, if you have a background of alcohol abuse.
- Tell the doctor about all the products you use before having a surgery.
- The administration of the medicine may cause excitement instead of drowsiness (in adults) in young children.
How should Mysoline be stored?
- Avoid using expired medicines.
- Keep the medicine at a room temperature. It should be kept away from the moisture and heat.
- Try to keep the records of all your medications.
- Try to follow the same dosage plan, do not change it
- Follow your doctor’s advice, in case of any diet or activity restriction.
- Do not share the drug with anybody even if they have the same signs.