Nexpro 20 mg
Nexpro 20mg Esomeprazole Magnesium 20 mg Nexium Generic
|Generic Name||Esomeprazole Magnesium|
Nexpro 20 mg (Esomeprazole Magnesium)
Nexpro 20 mg contains Esomeprazole magnesium, a proton pump inhibitor, which reduces the amount of acid in your stomach. Nexpro attenuates intestinal mucosal barrier damage and can promote healing of gastric lesions.
What is Nexpro 20 mg used for?
It is used for:
- The treatment of GERD
- The reduction in chances of developing NSAID-related stomach ulcers
- Removal of H. pylori to reduce the chance of developing ulcer’s of duodenum again
- Hypersecretory health conditions, such as Zollinger-Ellison disease. It is a condition where one or more tumors form in your pancreas or the upper part of the duodenum
How does Nexpro 20 mg work?
Nexprocontains Esomeprazole magnesium, an H� K -ATPase inhibitor that causes lower acid production in the stomach. By acting specifically on the proton pump, this drug works by blocking the final step in acid production, therefore reducing gastric acidity. The effect leads to inhibition of stomach acid secretion.
What are the different doses of Nexpro?
Nexpro tablets are available to purchase online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 20 mg strength. Buy Nexpro 20 mg online to grab various exciting offers.
What does Nexpro 20 mg contain?
The active ingredient is Esomeprazole magnesium. Nexpro gastro-resistant tablets come in one strength containing 20 mg of Esomeprazole.
What are the side effects of Nexpro 20 mg?
Tell your physician as soon as possible if you do no not feel well while consuming Nexpro. This drug helps most people, but it may have undesirable side-effects in a few people. All drugs have side effects. Sometimes they are severe, most of the time they are not. You may need physician's consultation if you get some of the side effects. Some common side effects of Nexpro are as follows:
- Muscle cramps or weakness
- Bloody stools
- Jerking muscle movements
- Pounding heartbeat
- Limp feeling
- A cough or choking
Inform your physician if you observe anything else that is making you feel unwell.
What medications interact with Nexpro 20 mg?
Please tell your physician, if you are consuming any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription. Your physician or pharmacist may wish to alter your dose, if you are consuming any of the following.
- St. John's wort
These drugs may be affected by nexpro or may affect how well Nexpro works. You may need a different amount of medicines, or you may need to consume different medicines. You physician has more information on drugs to be careful with or avoid while consuming Nexpro.
When should Nexpro 20 mg not be used?
It should not be used in patients with known hypersensitivity to proton pump inhibitors.
How should Nexpro 20 mg be taken?
- Nexpro tablets should be swallowed whole with liquid. Do not chew or crush the tablets.
- The tablets can also be dispersed in one glass of water. No other liquid should be used. Mix it well until the tablets dissolves completely and drink it within 30 minutes. Rinse the glass with a few drops of water and drink. The tablets should not be crushed or chewed.
- For patients with swallowing difficulty, the tablets can be dispersed in water and given through a gastric tube.
- For GERD: The recommended dosage is 20 mg once daily for four weeks. For patients in whom GERD has not healed, an additional four weeks treatment is recommended. 20 mg once daily is the suggested dosage for long-term management of patients with healed GERD.
- For symptomatic treatment of GERD: 20 mg once a day in patients without oesophagitis. If symptom control has not been attained after four weeks of the treatment, the patient should be further examined.
- For healing of H. Pylori associated duodenal ulcer and for prophylaxis of relapse of peptic ulcers in patients with H. Pylori-related Ulcers: The recommended dosage is 20 mg nexpro with 500 mg clarithromycin and 1 g amoxicillin, twice a day for seven days.
- The dosage regimen may differ from the information contained in this document. In the case of any confusion, please consult your physician.
How long should you take Nexpro?
Continue taking it for as long as your physician recommends. Take your medicine at the same time each day as this will help you to remember to take it regularly. If you have trouble remembering your doses, ask your physician for some tips.
Missed dose of Nexpro 20 mg
If you miss the dose take it as soon as you remember, but if it is too late, then skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the correct scheduled time. Do not take two doses at the same time.
How should Nexpro 20 mg be stored?
- It should be stored at room temperature.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and away from pets. Avoid exposure to light, moisture, and heat.
- Do not place it in the bathroom or near a sink.
- Do not take any medicine after the expiry date, which is mentioned on the carton.