Norflox 400 mg
Norflox 400 mg (Norfloxacin)
Norflox is licensed for treating certain bacterial infections. These include infection of the urinary tract, stomach, or intestines. It helps stop these infections from coming back. It also treats cystitis in women and prostatitis in men. In both males and females, the bacteria may travel up to kidneys and infect them.
The infection of urinary tract involves the following symptoms:
- An urge to urinate frequently and in small amounts
- Painful or burning sensation while passing urine
Urinary tract infection must be treated at the right time to prevent kidney being affected by the infection.
The medicine contains Norfloxacin as the main ingredient, which falls into the category of drugs known as antibiotics called quinolones.
Its regular intake kills the bacteria that causes infection.
Norflox general information
What is Norflox used for?
Norflox is useful in treating the following bacterial infection:
- Urinary tract and gynaecological infections including gonorrhoea, prostatitis, and cystitis.
How does Norflox work?
Norflox acts to inhibit bacterial DNA synthesis by inhibiting DNA gyrase enzyme. In this way it causes death of susceptible bacteria.
Where to buy Norflox online?
Norflox is available to purchase online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 400 mg strength. Buy Norflox400 mg online far cheaper than your local pharmacy.
What does Norflox contain?
Norflox is a medication that contains the active ingredient Norfloxacin. Each tablets delievers 400 mg of the beneficial component.
What are the side effects of Norflox?
- Cardiovascular disorders- QT interval prolongation, Torsade de pointes
- Dermatological issues- photosensitivity, St,John’s Wort syndrome
- Musculoskeletal issues- tendon rupture, tendinitis, muscle pain
- Genitouterine disorders- Vaginitis
- Endoskeletal disorders- hypoglycaemia, hyperglycemia
- Central nervous system issues- anxiety, dizziness, paranoia, drowsiness, tremor, hallucinations, confusion, agitation, seizures, increased intracranial pressure, nightmares, insomnia.
What medications interact with Norflox?
- There is an increased risk of torsade de pointes in patients who take Norflox tablets along with drugs like disopyramide, dofetilide, amiodarone, procainamide, dotalol, and quinidine.
- Use of theophyilline may increase serumtheophyilline levels and may lead to toxicity.
- Concurrent use of bismuth subsalicylates, zinc salts, iron salts, and antacids may decrease absorption.
- Norflox may increase effects of warfarin.
- Use of antineoplastic agents may decrease serum levels.
- Nephrotoxicity may occur if used along with cyclosporine.
- Tendon rupture may occur if Norflox is used in combination with corticosteroids.
- Administration with oral antidiebetic agents may cause these diabetic medications to increase their effects.
- Both drugs cimetidine and probenecid may interfere with the process of elimination.
When should Norflox not be used?
- Norflox should not be used in patients with known hypersensitivity to Norfloxacin and other not active components of the formulation.
- Its use is contraindicated in patients with a history of myasthenia gravis.
- The medicine is not suitable for paediatric patients.
- It should not be taken during pregnancy.
Exercise caution while taking Norflox tablets in the following:
- Central nervous system disorder
- Kidney, lung, or heart transplant patients
- Geriatric patients
- Lactating mothers
- Dialysis patients
- Underlying conduction abnormalities
- Renal insufficiency
How should Norflox be taken?
- Urinary tract infections- The recommended dose is 400 mg for 3 to 21 days depending on the severity of patient’s condition.
- Gonorrhea- The suggested dose is 800 mg single dose.
- Prostatitis-400 mg for 28 days.
Take the medicine on an empty stomach at least one hour before or two hours after meals. It is supplied in the form of tablet for oral administration. Swallow the tablet with a glass of water. You should take the medication as directed by your health care specialist at evenly spaced times and to finish the full course even if your condition has improved. Food items that contain calcium, zinc, aluminium, and magnesium should not be taken for two hour before and two hour after administration.
How long should you take Norflox?
Take this antibiotic medication for as long as it is recommended to you. Do not consume it more than the recommended period.
Missed dose of Norflox
If you miss a dose of Norflox 400 mg, take it as soon as you remember. Don't take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is near.
How should Norflox be stored?
Ensure that your children and pets don't have access to the medication. Keep the tablets in its original package. Store it at controlled room temperature. Keep the medicine away from heat and flame.