Odoxil - 500mg
Onoxil 500 mg (Cefadroxil)
Onoxil 500 mg is a first-generation oral cephalosporin antibiotic drug. It belongs to a class of cephalosporins, one of the major classes, and a subgroup of beta-lactam antibiotics derived from fungus Cephalosporium or Acremonium. Cefadroxil has a broad antimicrobial spectrum against gram, and gram- microorganisms. Cefadroxil is the main substance contained in the Onoxil 500 mg tablets.
Onoxil 500 mg general information
What is Onoxil 500 mg (Cefadroxil) used for?
Onoxil 500 mg is indicated in the following conditions:
- Strep throat
- Skin infections
- Urinary tract infections
Buy Onoxil 500 mg online, and get the best price of the product.
How does Onoxil 500 mg work?
The drug acts on specific penicillin-binding protein, and stops the bacterial cell wall formation. Onoxil 500 mg interferes with the later stages of bacterial cell wall, and interrupts the cross-linking of the peptidoglycan structure. The drug has an active role in the activation of bacterial cell autolysis process contributing bacterial cell lysis.
What are the different doses of Onoxil?
Onoxil is available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 500 mg strength. You can buy Onoxil 500 mg online at unbeatable price.
How should Onoxil 500 mg be taken?
- The drug, Onoxil 500 mg is present in the form of disintegrated tablets, liquid solution, and capsules. On our website, Onoxil 500 mg is available as tablet form. It should be best taken with food.
- Depending on the health situation, your doctor may decide the dose of the medicine. It is based on the various factors like body weight, age, sex, and medical condition of the patient. The dose range of Cefadroxil is solely decided by your pharmacist.
- Consume the medicine daily, at the same interval of time.
- Get your prescription refilled, before you run out of drug completely.
- Do not stop taking the medicine suddenly. Stopping the medicine suddenly may reverse your improving condition.
- Keep on taking the tablets until the prescribed amount is finished. Also, do not take this medicine, after the prescribed time is over.
- Take the tablets exactly as recommended by your doctor. Do not consume more of it, or do not consume it more often.
- Follow the dosing schedule carefully, so the drug will work in a proper way.
- Overdose: Immediately call the doctor, if you have taken an extra tablet of the drug.
Missed dose of Onoxil 500 mg
In case, if you miss the dose, take it as soon as possible. If it is less than two to four hours left before taking the next dose, skip the missed one and take the next dose, at the correct time.
What are the side effects of Onoxil 500 mg (Cefadroxil)?
Like other medicines, Onoxil 500 mg may cause adverse effects. Seek medical attention, in case the given troubles arise:
- Stiffness of joints and muscles
- Stiffed muscles and joints
- Stomach problems
- Discharge from the vagina
- Painful sores
- Bloody diarrhea
- Appearance of rashes on the skin
- Swelling of the glands
- Yellowing of the skin and eyes
- Mild itching
What medications interact with Onoxil 500 mg?
Avoid consuming Onoxil 500 mg, if you are taking the medicines that are given below:
- Birth control pills
- Anticoagulant drugs
- Probenecid used to treat gout
You should avoid Onoxil 500 mg in the following conditions:
- If you are hypersensitive to the drug, or its components
- If you are a woman of childbearing potential. You should discuss the positives and negatives of taking Cefadroxil, at the time of pregnancy
- If you are a nursing women. Breastfeeding women are advised not to take Cefadroxil as it may pass into the breast milk and harm the nursing baby
Talk to your doctor before taking Onoxil 500 mg:
- If you are suffering from kidney diseases
- If you are suffering from colitis
- If you are suffering from diabetes mellitus
- If you have a history of dry eye problems
- If you are suffering from glaucoma
- The administration of Cefadroxil stops the working of oral typhoid vaccine so avoid taking both the medicines together.
- Be careful while giving Cefadroxil to an elderly patient.
- Do not forget to see the expiry date of the product.
- Store the tablets in a dry place and out of the direct light.
- It should be stored at a room temperature.
- Place the medicine away from infants.
- Do not share your medicines with your near and dear ones.
- Always keep the written record of your medications.
- Always keep the tablets in its original pack only.