Olmesar 20 mg tablets contain the active ingredient Olmesartan medoxomil, one of the groups of medicines called angiotensin II receptor. An Angiotensin-II is a substance formed in the body that adheres to receptors in blood vessels causing them to tighten. The activity increases the blood pressure in the body
Olmesar 20 mg (Olmesartan)
Olmesar 20 mg tablets contains the active ingredient Olmesartan medoxomil, a selective, competitive AT1 receptor antagonist, which has been used in treating hypertension (blood pressure). It was discovered in 1995. The drug lowers the blood pressure level by relaxing the blood vessels.
Olmesar general information
What is Olmesar 20 mg used for?
Olmesar 20 mg is indicated for the treatment of hypertension. It may be used alone or along with other hypertensive agents. Hypertension can damage blood vessels in organs such as the brain, eyes, kidney, and heart. In some cases, high blood pressure may lead to a heart attack, kidney failure, blindness, or stroke. Usually, hypertension has symptoms. You should get your blood pressure checked to prevent damage occurring.
How does Olmesar 20 mg work?
Olmesar 20 mg tablets contain the active ingredient Olmesartan medoxomil, one of the groups of medicines called angiotensin II receptor. An Angiotensin-II is a substance formed in the body that adheres to receptors in blood vessels causing them to tighten. The activity increases the blood pressure in the body. Olmesartan prevents the adhering of angiotensin-II to these receptors, causing the blood vessels to widen and the blood pressure to lower.
What are the different doses 0f Olmesar?
Olmesar tablets are available to purchase online from premiumrxdrugs.com in doses of 20 mg and 40 mg. Buy Olmesar 20 mg online at a much lower price.
What does Olmesar 20 mg contain?
Olmesar 20 mg tablets contain the active ingredient Olmesartan, which belongs to a class of drugs called angiotensin II receptor antagonists.
What are the side effects of Olmesar 20 mg?
Like all drugs, Olmesar 20 mg tablets can cause side effects, although not everyone gets them. Check with your physician if any of these common adverse effects persist or become bothersome:
- Back pain
- Pain in the abdomen
- Back pain
- Symptoms of flu
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about adverse reactions, contact your physician.
What medications interact with Olmesar 20 mg?
Please tell your physician if you are taking, or have recently taken, any other drugs, including those obtained without a prescription.
Care is needed if you take:
- Glyceryl trinitrate
When should Olmesar 20 mg not be used?
- Do not take Olmesar 20 mg if you are allergic to Olmesartan or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- Nursing mothers should not take it.
How should Olmesar be taken?
- Olmesar may be administered with or without food.
- Adult hypertension: The recommended starting dose is 20 mg once daily. Patients who require further reduction in blood pressure after two weeks of treatment, the dose of Olmesar may be increased to 40 mg.
- Pediatric hypertension (6 -16 years of age): The recommended starting dose is 10 mg once a day for patients who weigh 20 to <35 kg and for patients who weigh 20 kg or ≥35 kg, 20 mg once daily is the preferred dose. Patients who require further reduction in blood pressure after two weeks of treatment, 2o mg once daily is the maximum recommended dose for patients who weigh <35 kg and 40 mg a day for patients who weigh ≥35 kg. For children who are unable to swallow tablets, the same dose can be administered using an oral suspension. Ask your physician for further information.
- If you take colesevelam, take it, at least, four hours after you take Olmesar.
- If blood pressure is not controlled by this drug, a diuretic may be added in your treatment. Olmesar may be given with other antihypertensive agents.
- Continue to take the drug even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses of the drug.
- Never stop the dose or change the dose without your physician's advice.
- Olmesar helps control your problem only if taken on a regular basis. Therefore, you must take it daily. Take the medicine regularly to get the best results.
How long should you take Olmesar 20 mg?
Continue taking Olmesar 20 mg tablets for as long as your physician recommends.
Missed dose of Olmesar 20 mg
If you miss the dose take it as soon as you remember, but if it is too late, then skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the correct scheduled time. Do not take two doses at the same time.
How should Olmesar 20 mg be stored?
- Keep it out of the reach of children and away from pets. Avoid exposure to light, moisture, and heat.
- Do not place these tablets in the bathroom or near a sink.
- Keep the tablets in its original packet until it is time to take them.