Permite Cream 5% (60gm)
Permite 5% cream
Permite 5 Cream (Permethrin)
Permite Cream is a scabicidal drug used to treat a contagious skin condition, Scabies. Scabies is a disease caused by a tiny mite known as Sarcoptes scabiei. It is used as a topical agent to treat Scabies. The drug is a member of pyrethrins family.The active ingredient present in the Permite-5% cream is Permethrin.
What is Permite 5% cream used for?
Permite 5 cream is a scabicide used in the treatment of Scabies caused by a mite called Sarcoptes scabiei.Scabies is also known as seven-year itch. The mite burrows into the skin and deposits eggs.Permite cream is used for the treatment of Scabies
How does Permite work?
Permite kills the tiny mites, Sarcoptes scabiei and prevents the multiplication of the mites in the body.
How should Permite be taken?
Permite comes in the form of an off-white cream. It is a topical medication.
- For adults: The Permite cream should be applied from head to toe along with the soles of your feet. Do not forget to apply it on the skin folds like between the fingers and also under your nails. Massage the cream into the skin than remove it after 8 to 14 hours after taking a shower or as recommended by the doctor.
- For Infants: It should be applied from head to the soles of the feet along with the forehead, hairline, temple and neck of the baby.
Do not use Permite on our own. Use it only when it is prescribed to you, by an expert.
- Overdose: Do not over apply the cream as it may harm your skin. Seek medical attention, if you have accidently applied it for more than the suggested time.
Do not stop applying the cream until the entire prescribed amount of the drug is finished. The use of the Permite cream depends on the various factors such as age, gender and sex.
Missed dose of Permite:
Do not forget to apply the cream at the prescribed time. In case you forget, apply it as soon as you remember. If you got too late in applying it, immediately call the doctor.
What are Side effects of Permite?
Some most common adverse reactions related to the administration of Permite are given below:
- Tingling effect on the scalp
- Shortness of breath
- Numb feeling
- Acute dizziness
- Mild burning
Although, the serious or rare adverse reactions of Permite have not been observed.
Inform the physician in above health conditions. You can also experience side effects other than these, in that case immediately visit the doctor.
What medications interact with Permite?
Before using the Permite cream, inform your dermatologist or physician about all the medicines you use as those medicines may negatively interact with Permethrin and cause various harmful effects.
When should Permite not be used?
What you should avoid while using the Permite cream:
- It is contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity. Inform your doctor, if allergic to Permite.
- Inform the physician, if you have ever had asthma or any other skin diseases.
- If you already have Erythema or Edema, Permethrin may worsen these conditions.
- Continuous scratching of the scalp may result in bacterial infection.
- Let your physician know, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- Consult the physician before breastfeeding the baby.
- Avoid applying the cream on mouth nose and vagina.
- Protect your eyes from Permite.
- Clean your hats, hairbrushes clothes, bedsheets, furniture, and accessories.
How should Permite be stored?
- Always see the expiry date on the packet of the product.
- Keep the Permite cream at a room temperature. The tablet must be kept away from the heat and moisture.
- Strictly follow the diet routine and activity restriction, if any.
- Do not change the dosage plan, use the medicine according to your doctor.
- Try to keep all the written records of your medicines with you.
- Do not share your medicine with anyone, even if they have the same symptoms.