Prasita 10 mg
|Generic Name||Prasugrel Hcl|
|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma Laboratories Ltd|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.41||US$ 12.1850%US$ 24.32|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.41||US$ 24.3750%US$ 48.65|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.41||US$ 36.5550%US$ 72.97|
Prasita 10 mg (Prasugrel Hcl)
Prasita 10 mg consists of active ingredient Prasugrel HCL. A thienopyridine derivative, Prasugrel is a P2Y12 platelet inhibitor structurally and pharmacologically associated with Ticlopidine and Clopidogrel. Similar to Clopidogrel, Prasugrel HCL is a prodrug theta needs an enzymatic transformation in the liver to R-138727, its active metabolite. R-138727 irreversibly adheres to P2Y12 type Adenophosphate receptors on platelets, therefore, preventing activation of the GPIIb/IIIa receptor complex. As a result, hindering of ADP-mediated platelet aggregation and activation occurs.
What is Prasita 10 mg used for?
Prasita 10 mg is used to prevent serious problems of the blood vessels and heart in people who have had severe chest pain or heart attack and have been treated with angioplasty. Prasugrel HCL is used in combination with Aspirin.
How does Prasita work?
Prasita works by preventing platelets from collecting and forming clots that may cause a stroke or a heart attack.
What are the different doses of Prasita?
Prasita tablets are available in 10 mg strength. You can also buy Prasita 10 mg from our website premiumrxdrugs.com.
How should Prasita be taken?
- The drug is available in the form of tablets. Prasita is taken as a single dose. It may be taken without regard to food, or as your physician suggests. Swallow the medicine whole with an adequate amount of water.
- Take Prasita tablets strictly according to your doctor’s instruction. Do not alter the dosage plan unless your physician advice you to do so.
- Take the medicine regularly to get the best results.
- To help you remember, take the tablets at the same time each day.
- In some cases, the condition may become worse when the intake of the medicine is stopped suddenly. Your dose may need to be slowly decreased.
- Overdose: Seek medical attention immediately, in the case of an overdose of Prasita. You may experience:
- Vision problem
- Difficulty walking
- Blood in vomit and stools
- Appearance of water in the eyes
- Take the tablets for as long as your physician recommends.
Missed dose of Prasita:
If you have forgotten a dose, take it as soon you remember and go back to your usual dosing schedule. If the time to take the next dose is near, leave the forgotten dose and take the next dose. Do not double the dose to compensate the forgotten one.
What are Side effects of Prasita?
The common adverse effects of the drug are as follows:
- Blood in vomit and cough
- Blood in stools
- Pain in the chest
- Easy bleeding
- Yellowing of eyes and skin
- Speech problems
Some other less common adverse reactions of Prasita are as follows.
- Pain in the back
- Minor pain in the chest
- Mild headache
If any of the above conditions persist or deteriorate, Contact your physician immediately.
What medications interact with Prasita?
Avoid consuming Prasita, if you are taking the medicines that are given below:
- Warfarin, a medicine used in the prevention of blood clots
When should Prasita not be used?
Tell the doctor, before consuming the medicine:
- If you are hypersensitive to the drug, or its components.
- If you are suffering from blood diseases.
- If you are consuming any prescription or nonprescription medicines.
- If you are hypersensitive to some food products.
- If you are under 18 years of age.
- If you have recently undergone surgery.
- If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, consult your doctor before taking the medicine.
- If you have a recent surgery.
- If your weight is less than 60 kg.
- If you have ever had a transient ischaemic attack.
- If you are suffering from severe liver disorders.
- If you are suffering from kidney disorders.
- If you are suffering from intestinal ulcers.
- If you are a woman of childbearing potential. You should discuss the positives and negatives of taking Prasita, at the time of pregnancy.
- Breastfeeding women are advised not to take Prasita as it may pass into the breast milk and harm the nursing baby.
- The drug may cause dizziness. Do not drive or use machinery, while taking Prasita as these activities may require a high degree of mental attention.
How should Prasita be stored?
- Do not forget to see the expiry date of the product.
- Store Prasita at a room temperature, away from heat and moisture.
- Always keep the written record of your medications.
- Avoid freezing the tablets.
- Do not share your medicines with your near and dear ones.
- Keep the tablets where children cannot reach it.
- Do not store the tablets in the bathroom or near a sink.