Note: We do not ship HCG category products to United Kingdom and Australia
Pregnyl 5000 i.u
|Description||Pregnyl HCG injection for Infertility|
Pregnyl 5000 i.u HCG Injection
Pregnyl is categorized as gonadotrophins (sex hormones). It is specially formulated by experts for controlling the release of eggs from the ovary in women, and control testosterone production (male hormone) in men.
Pregnyl causes ovulation in women. It is used in conjunction with other fertility products for the production of eggs in medically assisted programs like IVF treatment in women. While in men, it is given to treat delayed puberty, undescended testes or low sperm count.
- It is supplied in the form of freeze-dried powder for injection. It should be injected intramuscularly under the supervision of a gynaecologist. The best site to inject Pregnyl is the muscles of your bottom. The area contains a lot of muscles with few nerves and blood vessels. To use it, you need to follow the advice of your gynaecologist.
- Women undergoing ovulation induction – 5000 100000 i.u. is administered along with other fertility treatments.
- Women undergoing IVF treatment- 5000 to 10000 is given 20 to 40 hours after the last injection of another fertility agent.
- The suggested dose for male depends on the problem. The injection should be given two to three times for some weeks or months. The sperms cells take 74 days. Therefore it is important to continue with Pregnyl injection for at least three months.
Possible adverse effects:
A Pregnyl user may experience the following unwanted effects at the site of an injection:
- Feeling sick
- Painful breasts
One may also get a more widespread rash and fever. These unwanted effects generally disappear with time, but if they persist for a long time, then you need to consult a gynaecologist.
- It must not be used by people who have hypersensitivity towards human gonadotrophins or other ingredients of the product.
- It is not suitable for the carcinoma of breast and prostate.
Use of Pregnyl in children and adolescents
Caution should be exercised while treating boys who have not reached puberty. This can lead to early sexual development, which may stop the height in adolescents.
Pregnyl and other products
Some therapeutic products can affect the mode of action of Pregnyl. Therefore, avoid using any other product while injection HCG. If it is necessary, then consult your dermatologist.
- Store the freeze dried powder in a refrigerator
- Keep it away from children and pets
- Protect the solution from direct light and heat