Progynova 1 mg
|Zydus Healthcare, India
Progynova 1 MG (Estradiol )
Progynova 1mg comprises of an active ingredient Estradiol. It is primary prescribed for the treatment of menopausal symptoms such as vaginal dryness, hot flashes, irritation and burning.
What is Progynova 1mg used for?
Estradiol is basically a type of a female sex hormone estrogen, which is produced by the ovaries. It is required in body for several purposes. However, when not produced in sufficient quantity it is to be taken in the form of medicine.
It is mainly used to treat menopausal symptoms such as vaginal dryness, hot flashes, irritation and burning. It is also used for several other purposes such as treatment of some types of cancer both in men and women, prevention of osteoporosis, replacement of estrogen in women etc.
How does Progynova work?
Progynova 1mg is made up of Estradiol, which is a prodrug of estrogen (a natural hormone) adheres to the receptors present in estrogen responsive cells and stimulates them to make proteins that helps in regulating the menstrual cycle.
Where to buy Progynova online?
Progynova is available to order to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com 1 mg strength. Buy Progynova 1 mg online far cheaper than your local pharmacies.
What does Progynova contain?
Progynova contains Estradiol as the main ingredient. Each tablet contains the active ingredient 1 mg of Estradiol.
What are the side effects of Progynova?
Some common side effects of the medication include:
- Stomach upset
- Breast tenderness
- Weight changes
Some serious side effects that may result after taking the medicine are:
- Mood changes
- Unusual vaginal bleeding
- Breast lumps
- Vaginal irritation,
- Severe abdominal or stomach pain
- Persistent nausea
- Yellowing eyes
- Dark urine
- Increase urination or thirst
- Swelling in limbs
What medications interact with Progynova?
Some drugs which may interact with the working of Estradiol are Cimetidine, Warfarin, Carbamazepine, Phenytoin, Phenobarbital, Ritonavir,Rifampin,St John’s wort, Erythromycin, Clarithromycin, Ketoconazole. There may be other drugs too which may interact with Estradiol. It is best to ask for a complete list of drugs from doctor which may interact with Estradiol or tell your doctor about the medicines which you are taking currently.
When should Progynova not be used?
- The medicine is contraindicated in people who have an allergy to the ingredients.
- If you are pregnant or planning to be pregnant inform your doctor about it as it is prohibited to take the medicine during pregnancy. It is a pregnancy category X drug and has the potential to harm the baby as well.
- The medicine is also not recommended in case you are breast feeding as well as it can pass into the breast milk. Moreover, it can even slow breast milk production.
How should Progynova be taken?
- The recommended dose will be fixed by your physician after examining you thoroughly and also after judging the severity of eth condition. The dose also depends upon several factors such as seriousness of the condition, allergies to some medicine, age and other conditions.
- The medication needs to be taken by mouth with the help of water.
- Taking Estradiol for long can causes several medical complications such as ovarian, breast or uterine cancer. You must not exceed the period for which the medicine was prescribed.
- Regular physical check up is mandatory so that if there is any problem it can be detected early. It is best to go for check up every 3 to 6 months so that the progress can also be determined.
- You should also self examine your breasts regularly to detect if there is any lump there.
- You should consult your doctor and inform him of any specific disease which you are suffering from specially if you have liver disease, abnormal vaginal bleeding, uterine or breast cancer, an incident of heart attack, hormone related cancer, if you are allergic to the medicine etc.
Missed dose of Progynova?
Missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember it. But it should not be close to the next dose. If close to the next dose, it is wise to skip the missed dose and follow the normal schedule.