Qutipin 25 mg
|Description||Quetiapine Fumarate 25 mg|
|Generic Name||Quetiapine Fumarate|
Qutipin 25 mg (Quetiapine Fumarate)
Qutipin is an antipsychotic medication, which is formulated to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.Schizophrenia is a mental disorder that causes people to lose touch with reality and sometimes it difficult for them to even think and speak in an organized manner. The condition mainly affects the emotional, cognitive, and behavioral areas of functioning.
Bipolar disorder is a chronic mood disorder. Patients who are suffering from this disease experience episode of mania or hypomania, depression, and both manic and depressive symptoms. During mania, patients develop episodes over activity, happiness, or irritability. While depression makes people feel guilty and they have the lack of energy. They lose their appetite and find difficulty sleeping.
The medicine contains the active component Quetipine fumarate, comes under the category of antipsychotics, which is made to improve the symptoms of certain types of mental diseases.
What is Qutipin used for?
Qutipin is indicated for the treatment of:
- The treatment Acute manic episodes related with bipolar I disorder (as monotherapy for both adults and adolescents) or with Lithium or Divalproex (for adults).
It can also be used as a maintenance treatment of bipolar I disorder and as an adjunctive treatment of depression.
How does Qutipin work?
The antipsychotic agent serves as an antagonist of serotonin and dopamine. It works by antagonizing histamine H1 receptors and alpha1-adrenergic receptors. This action decreases the manifestations of psychoses, acute mania, and depression.
Where to buy Qutipin online?
Order Qutipin from premiumrxdrugs.com and realize the saving advantage of low-cost medicinal products. Start shopping from one of the most trusted online pharmacies and be assured to get the best deal.
What does Qutipin contain?
Quitpin comprises of Quetiapine Fumarate, which is available to relieve the effects of certain types of mental disorders. Each tablet contains 25 mg of the active ingredient.
What are the side effects of Qutipin?
- Cardiovascular system disorders- increased blood pressure, postural hypertension, peripheral edema,
- EENT disorders- rhinitis, ear pain, pharyngitis
- Central nervous system disorders- dizziness, neuroleptic malignant syndrome, dizziness, sedation, seizures, tardive dyskinesia
- Gastrointestinal disorders- anorexia, dry mouth, constipation, dyspepsia, pancreatitis
- Endoskeletal issues- hyperlipidemia, hypothyroidism, weight gain, hypertriglyceridemia, hypoglycemia, hyperprolactinemia
- Respiratory tract disorders- dyspnea, cough
- Dermatological issues- sweating, Stevens-johnson syndrome
- Hematological issues- leukopenia, decreased hemoglobin
- Musculoskeletal disorders- rhabdomyolysis
- Miscellaneous issues- flu-like syndrome
What medications interact with Qutipin?
- Coadministration with macrolide anti-infectives like quinidine, dofetilide, chlorpromazine, gemifloxacin, citalopram, dolasetron, escitalopram tacrolimus, arsenic trioxide, sotalol, procainamide thioridazine, droperidol, ziprasidone, mefloquine, and moxifloxacin may increase the chances of developing ventricular arrhythmias. Therefore, use of macrolide anti-infective agents should be avoided.
- Drugs like opioid analgesics, antihistamines, and sedative/hypnotics may increase central nervous system depression.
- Concurrent use of thioridazine and phenytoin may decrease effective of Qutipin.
- The effectiveness of the antipsychotic drug may decrease with the use of barbiturates, corticosteroids, Carbamazepine or rifampin.
- The effect of Quetiapine Fumarate may decrease with the use of itraconazole, ketoconazole, fluconazole, protease inhibitors, or erythromycin.
How should Qutipin be used?
- You can take Quitpin with or without food. Swallow the extended-release tablets with a glass of water, do not chew or crush the tablet. A patient must take medicine as directed. He/she must carefully follow all the instructions.
- There is a possibility that the patient develops extrapyramidal symptoms. You must report symptoms immediately to your physician.
- Patients are advised to slowly change the positions to avoid the risk of orthostatic hypotension.
- This antipsychotic drug may make a patient drowsy. Therefore, driving and other activities that required alertness are restricted.
- Avoid extremes in temperature as Qutipin may impair body temperature regulation.
- Female patients are advised to notify their physician if they are planning to conceive or have conceived before starting the treatment.
- Patients are emphasized to participate in psychotherapy to improve coping skills.
When should Qutipin not be used?
- Qutipin is not for patients who are hypersensitive to Qutipin or other inactive components of the medication.
- It is not suitable to use in lactation.
- Concurrent use of agents including dronedarone, chlorpromazine, mefloquine, arsenic trioxide, droperidol, dolasetron, pentamidine, moxifloxacin, tacrolimus, amiodarone, sotalol, dofetilide, citalopram, clarithromycin, erythromycin, escitalopram, and thioridazine.
- The antipsychotic medication is not indicated for patients with a history of arrhythmias, including hypomagnesemia, hypokalemia, or bradycardia.
- Its use is contraindicated in patients with congenital long QT syndrome.
- The medicine must not be given to an elderly patient with dementia-associated psychosis as there is an increased risk of death.
How long Qutipin should be used?
Use it continuously till the prescription period will not get over. Once it is over, discusses with your physician, he/she will decide whether you need to refill a prescription or stop the treatment.
Missed dose of Qutipin
If you forget to take a dose of your antipsychotic medication, take it as soon as you remember. If the time to take the next dose is near, then wait until then and take the next scheduled dose. Inform your physician about the missed dose.
How should Qutipin be stored?
Keep the tablets out of sight and reach of children. Avoid placing it near kitchen and bathroom to protect it from heat and moisture.