R CIN 150 mg
R-Cin 150 mg (Rifampicin)
R-Cin 150 mg (Rifampicin)
R-Cin, an antibiotic medication has been recommended for people who have meningococcal disease. The active component of the medicine is Rifampicin, which is a bactericidal antibiotic drug of the rifampicin group. The purpose of taking this drug is to get rid of any meningococcal bacteria in the nose and throat, preventing the disease from spreading to others.
Rifampicin has been formulated to treat tuberculosis and inactive meningitis, along with other drugs like pyrazinamide, streptomycin, isoniazid, and ethambutol. The treatment should continue for several months without a break, otherwise, the risk of drug-resistant tuberculosis significantly increased. Rifampicin resistance develops quickly during the treatment; therefore, the drug should not be used alone to treat these infections, it must use with other antibiotics.
What is R-Cin used for?
R-Cin is useful in:
- Treating tuberculosis with other agents.
- Elimination of meningococcal carriers.
How do R-Cin works?
The medication inhibits RNA synthesis by blocking RNA transcription in susceptible organisms. It exerts bactericidal action against susceptible organisms.
Where to buy R-Cin?
Shop authentic medicinal products online from premiumrxdrugs.com. Here, the antibiotic drug R-Cin is available at a quite reasonable rate. The pharmaceutical products are supplied in the pack of 30. 60, and 90 capsules.
What does R-Cin contain?
R-Cin comprises of Rifampicin as the active ingredient, which is a semisynthetic antibiotic derivative of rifampicin. Each capsule contains 600 mg of the active component.
What are the side effects of R-Cin?
- Dermatological issues- pruritus, rash
- Hematological issues- thrombocytopenia, hemolytic anemia
- Central nervous system disorder- fatigue, drowsiness, headache, weakness, confusion, and ataxia.
- Gastrointestinal disorders- diarrhea, nausea, abdominal pain, flatulence, heartburn
- Genitouterine diseases- red discoloration of urine
- Musculoskeletal issues- muscle weakness, arthralgia, myalgia
- Miscellaneous issues- flu-like syndrome
What medicates interact with R-Cin?
- There is an increased risk of hepatotoxicity with ritonavir-boosted saquinavir. Its use is contraindicated during the treatment.
- The use of R-Cin may decrease blood levels of fosamprenavir, tipranavir, atazanavir, saquinavir, and darunavir. Hence, the concurrent use had been contraindicated.
- Hepatotoxicity may occur if used along with other hepatoxic agents, including isoniazid, ketoconazole, and pyrazinamide. Avoid using pyrazinamide with rifampicin as it may cause fatal hepatotoxicity.
- Your drug may decrease levels of indinavir, nelfinavir, and delavirdine.
- The antibiotic is known to stimulate liver enzymes, which may increase metabolism and decrease the effectiveness of the following drugs:
- Hormonal contraceptive agents
- Opioid analgesics
- Oral hypoglycaemic agents
When should R-Cin not be used?
R-Cin is not for patients who are hypersensitive to R-Cin or other inactive components of the medication.
Concurrent use of tipranavir, atazanavir, saquinavir, fosamprenavir, and darunavir
Use the drug cautiously in the following conditions:
- Diabetes mellitus
- History of liver diseases
How should R-Cin be taken?
For the treatment of adults- the recommended dose is 600 mg daily or 10 mg/kg daily (up to 600 mg daily) single dose. It may also be given twice weekly.
For children and infants- The recommended dose is 10 to 20 mg/kg daily dose. The dose should not exceed 600 mg daily. It may also be given twice weekly.
For adults- the recommended dose is 600 mg q 12 hr fro two days.
For children- 10 m/kg q 12 hr for two days. The maximum recommended dose is 600 mg/dose.
For infants- The recommended dose is 5 mg/kg for two days.
The medicine must be taken on an empty stomach at least one hour before or two hours after having meals with a glass of water. If you face gastrointestinal irritation, take it with food. Patients are advised to take antacids before one hour of R-Cin. The medicine is available in the form of capsules that may be opened, and the contents can mix with applesauce or jelly for patients who find trouble swallowing the tablets.
Patients are advised to take medicine once daily as directed by the physician.
How long should R-Cin be taken?
The length of the treatment for tuberculosis depends on regimen being used and underlying disease condition.
Missed dose of R-Cin
Do not skip doses or double up on missed doses of Rifampicin. Patients are emphasized to continue treatment even after your condition has improved.
How to store R-Cin?
• Keep out of the reach and sight of children. Store it at controlled room temperature.