Out Of Stock
Ramipres 2.5 mg (Ramipril)
Ramipres is a medication formulated for the reduction of risk of cardiovascular problems in high-risk patients, to lower high blood pressure, and to help slow down the progression of renal disorders. The active component of the medicine is Ramipril, which is an angiotensin converting enzyme. Ramipril acts to decrease a certain substance in your body that could raise your blood pressure. Its regular intake will relax and widen your blood vessels. This improves blood circulation in your body.
What is Ramipres used for?
- Ramipres can be used alone or with other medications to manage hypertension.
- It is useful in the reduction of risk of myocardial infarction, stroke, or death from cardiovascular disorders in patients at least 55 years of age who are higher risk of cardiovascular disease.
- The medicine is helpful in reducing the risk of death, failure related hospitalizations, and progression of heart failure in patients with signs of heart failure.
How does Ramipres work?
The medicine relaxes the blood vessels in the body to smooth the process of blood circulation and reduces the amount of work required by heart to circulate the blood throughout the body. In this way, cardiac events, such as strokes or heart attacks can be prevented.
Where to buy Ramipres online?
But Rampires online from a trustworthy online pharmacy like premiumrxdrugs.com. You will be assured to get the best price, by your doorstep along with fast shipping.
What does Ramipres contain?
Ramipres contains the active ingredient Ramipril, which is licensed to control blood pressure. Also, the medicine is clinically proven to treat heart failure, to improve survival rates.
What are the side effects of Ramipres?
- Respiratory system disorders- cough
- Gastrointestinal diseases- nausea, diarrhea, vomiting
- Genitouterine disorders- impaired renal function
- Cardiovascular disorders- chest pain, hypotension
- F and E- hyperkalemia
- Dermatological issues- rashes
- Central nervous disorders- headache, weakness, fatigue, vertigo, dizziness
What medications interact with Ramipres?
- Hypotension may occur with concurrent use of diuretics.
- Use of diuretics may cause hypertension.
- Avoid using potassium sparing diuretics, potassium-containing salt substitutes, or potassium supplements with Ramipril as it may cause hyperkalemia.
- There is a risk of kidney dysfunction, syncope, hyperkalemia, and hypotension with concurrent use of drugs like Aliskiren or angiotensin II receptor antagonists.
- Coadministration of NSAIDs and selective COX-2 inhibitors may cause renal dysfunction. Concurrent use of telmisartan is not recommended as this may cause renal insufficiency.
- There are chances of occurrence of angioedema with temsirolimus or everolimus.
When should Ramipres not be taken?
- Ramipres should not be used in patients with a history of angioedema with previous use of ACE inhibitors.
- Coadministration of aliskiren in patients with diabetes or moderate to severe kidney disease is contraindicated.
- Its use should be avoided during pregnancy as it can cause injury or death of the fetus. If pregnancy occurs, discontinue immediately.
- The medicine is not suitable during breast feeding.
Use Ramipres carefully in the following conditions:
- Renal impairment
- Concurrent diuretic therapy
How should Ramipres be taken?
- Hypertension (adults) - The recommended dose is 2.5 mg once daily. The dose may be slowly increased up to 20 mg/day in 1 to 2 divided doses.
- Heart failure post myocardial infarction-The recommended initial dose is 1.25 to 2.5 mg two times a day. Then the dose may slowly increase up to 5 mg.
- For reduction in risk of myocardial infarctions, stroke, and death from cardiovascular disorders- 2.5 mg once daily for one week is the recommended dose. Then, the medicine taken as 5 mg dose once daily for three weeks. If tolerated, then the dose may increase up to 10 mg once daily.
- Kidney impairment Adults) - The initial treatment should be started at the at the dose of 12.5 mg once daily. The dose then slowly is titrated up to 5 mg daily in 1 to 2 divided doses.
How long should you take Ramipres?
The regular intake of Ramipres helps control your condition; therefore it is necessary to take it on a regular basis. You should continue this medicine for as long as your physician tells you.
Missed dose of Ramipres
If you forget to take the dose of Ramipres as instructed due to any reason, then take it when you remember. But note that if it’s almost the time for you to take the next dose, leave the missed dose and take your next dose at the time it is meant to be taken.
How should Ramipres be stored?
- Keep the tablets out of the sight and reach of children
- Store it at controlled room temperature