Rasalect 1 mg
Rasalect 1mg, being an anti- Parkinson’s disease medicine used to treat critical signs and symptoms of Parkinson’s disease. It exhibits anti-apoptotic and neuroprotective activity against several neurotoxins
Rasalect 1 mg (Rasagiline)
Rasalect 1 mg tablets contain the active ingredient Rasagiline, a monoamine oxide inhibitor, which is used for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease. The drug stops the breakdown of some crucial compounds in the brain, called neurotransmitters. These neurotransmitters are serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine. It can be used along with or without Levodopa (another drug that is used to treat Parkinson’s disease).
Rasalect general information
What is Rasalect used for?
Rasalect 1mg, being an anti- Parkinson’s disease medicine used to treat critical signs and symptoms of Parkinson’s disease. It exhibits anti-apoptotic and neuroprotective activity against several neurotoxins.
Parkinson’s disease is the central nervous system disease that affects the motor activity of the brain. This disease of the central nervous system is defined by the indefinite movement, tremor, shaking of legs, and muscle weakness. The disease is characterized by the loss of functions of the tissues and organs.
How does Rasalect work?
Rasalect 1 mg tablets contain the active ingredient Rasagiline, which is an irreversible monoamine oxidase inhibitor with Parkinson activity. In Parkinson's disease, there is a loss of cells that produce a chemical compound dopamine in the brain. Dopamine maintains the chemical balance inside the brain. Reduced level of dopamine affects the body movements. The symptoms of decreased dopamine level are tremors and shaking of legs. The administration of Rasagiline slowly increases the level of dopamine and ultimately results in improved muscle balance.
What are the different doses of Rasalect ?
Rasalect tablets are available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 1 mg strength. Buy Rasalect 1 mg online to grab various exciting offers.
What does Rasalect contain?
The active ingredient is Rasagiline. Each Rasalect tablet contains 1 mg Rasagiline.
What are the side effects of Rasalect ?
Rasalect 1 mg tablets are generally well tolerated, but it is always possible that you may experience side effects. The most common side effects include: nausea, fever, burning sensation in heart, dry mouth, joint pain, dizziness, and abdominal pain, etc.
Some other side effects are:
- Decreased sexual ability
- Sudden weight loss
- Trouble thinking or walking
- Speech problems
- Swelling of the hands, legs, and ankles
- Pounding heartbeat
- Clammy skin with severe nausea, vision problem, dilated pupils, sudden sensitivity to light, neck stiffness, or soreness, etc.
What are the medications interact with Rasalect ?
Many drugs can interact with Rasalect 1 mg to create adverse health issues. You should, thus, avoid these medicines in combination with Rasalect :
- Nasal decongestants
- Antibiotic ciprofloxacin
- Cold or allergy drugs
The list is not complete, ask your physician to provide you a full list of drugs that may negatively interact with Rasalect and avoid these drugs. If you are already taking these drugs, then inform your physician about it.
When should Rasalect not be used?
- Rasalect 1 mg should not be given to patients with known hypersensitivity to Rasagiline or to other MAO inhibitors.
- Concomitant use of meperidine, methadone, propoxyphene, St. John’s wort, cyclobenzaprine, and dextromethorphan is contraindicated.
Do not take this drug if any of the above applies to you. If you are not sure, talk to your physician before taking this medicine.
How should Rasalect be taken?
- Rasalect 1 mg is present in the form of a tablet. It should be administered orally once in a day as 1 mg or 0.5 mg once every day in combination with another drug.
- Avoid crushing and chewing the tablet. Try to swallow the tablet with a glass full of water. You can take it without regard to food. Never stop the dose or change the dose without your physician's advice, as it may cause adverse reactions or withdrawal symptoms.
- Do not skip doses or stop using Rasalect tablets suddenly. Stopping the medicine suddenly may make your condition worse.
- If accidently you take an overdose of the drug then you must inform your physician immediately. In case if you feel any discomfort visit the physician immediately. An accidental overdose of Rasalect may cause symptoms like breathing difficulties, motor incoordination, severe headache, dizziness, faintness, shivering, hallucinations, drowsiness, agitation, and hyperactivity, etc.
- The dosage regimen may differ from the information contained in this document. In the case of any confusion, please consult your physician.
How long should you take Rasalect ?
Continue taking Rasalect 1 mg for as long as your physician recommends. Do not take longer than prescribed without checking your physician.
Missed Dose of Rasalect
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Leave the missed dose if it is almost time for your next dose. Do not take an extra dose to make up the missed one. Try to take the drug at the same time each day as this will reduce the chance of missing the dose.
How should Rasalect be stored?
- It should be stored at room temperature
- Keep it out of the reach of children and away from pets. Avoid exposure to light, moisture, and heat
- Do not place it in the bathroom or near a sink.