Razo 10 mg (Rabeprazole)
Razo 10 mg gastro-resistant tablets contain the active ingredient Rabeprazole, an antiulcer drug in the class of proton pump inhibitors. It is prescribed for the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease and other similar conditions defined by the excessive amount of acid production in the stomach, such as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. The drug is also used in the treatment of erosive esophagitis, a condition in which areas of the esophageal lining are inflamed and ulcerated. Rabeprazole may also be advised along with an antibiotic to prevent gastric ulcer due to infection with H.Pylori.
Razo general information
What is Razo 10 mg used for?
The most common uses of Razo 10 mg are:
- Healing and symptomatic relief of duodenal ulcers and stomach ulcers. Stomach ulcers are painful sores that can be found in the small intestine. A duodenal ulcer occurs in the upper area of the small intestine called duodenum. Naturally occurring stomach acids bring these ulcers
- Healing of symptomatic erosive or gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD) and its symptoms such as burning sensation rising from the chest toward the neck (Heartburn). GERD is a symptom of mucosal damage caused by stomach acid coming up from the stomach into the esophagus
- Treatment of symptoms such as regurgitation and heartburn of non-erosive reflux disease (NERD). Regurgitation is the expulsion of material from the esophagus, characterized by the presence of undigested food or blood
- GERD maintenance treatment
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, a condition when the stomach makes extremely high amount of acid
How does Razo 10 mg work?
Razo 10 mg tablets contain the pharmaceutical compound Rabeprazole, a potent and selective irreversible proton pump inhibitor, which leads to lower acid production in the stomach. Rabeprazole works by blocking the formation of acids in the stomach. It alleviates symptoms, such as heartburn, persistent cough, and difficulty swallowing. The drug helps prevent ulcers by healing the acid damage to the stomach and esophagus. It may also help prevent tumor of the esophagus.
What are the different doses of Razo?
Razo tablets are available to buy online from premiumrxdrugs.com in doses of 10 mg and 20 mg. Buy Razo 10 mg online to grab various exciting offers.
What does Razo 10 mg contain?
The active ingredient is Rabeprazole sodium. Each Razo tablet contains 10 mg Rabeprazole.
What are the side effects of Razo 10 mg?
Like all drugs, Razo 10 mg tablets can cause side effects, although not everyone gets them. Check with your physician if any of these common adverse effects persist or become bothersome:
- Unexpected back pain
- Sleeping sickness
Immediately visit your physician, if any of these severe adverse effects occur:
- Chills, fever
- Dry mouth, belching, indigestion
- Skin rash
- Bronchitis, Sinusitis
- Change in liver functions
- Joint or muscle pain
- Urinary tract infection
This is not a complete list of all adverse effects that may occur. If you have any questions about adverse effects, contact your physician.
What medications interact with Razo 10 mg?
Please tell your physician, if you have recently consumed or are taking any other medicines, including those obtained without a prescription.
You should tell your physician, if you are consuming any of the following medicines:
When should Razo 10 mg not be used?
Razo 10 mg should not be used in patients with a history of hypersensitivity to Rabeprazole.
How should Razo be taken?
- It can be taken with or without food. Your physician will tell you whether to take this medicine with food or without food based on your condition. Swallow each tablet whole with water. Do not break, crush, or chew the tablets.
- Tell your physician if you cannot swallow tablets whole. If you have trouble swallowing, your physician might prescribe you a Razo sprinkle delayed-release capsules. Ask your physician for further information.
- The dosage regimen is given below:
- For the treatment of GERD: 20 mg once daily for 4-8 weeks
- For maintenance of healing of erosive or ulcerative GERD: 20 mg once daily
- For treatment of symptomatic GERD in adults: 20 mg once daily for four weeks
- For healing of duodenal ulcers: 20 mg once daily after morning meal for up to four weeks
- H.pylori eradications to reduce the risk of duodenal ulcer recurrence: Razo 20 mg, Clarithromycin 500 mg, and Amoxicillin 100 mg, all three medicines should be taken twice a day with morning and evening meals for seven days
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome: The recommended starting dosage is 60 mg once a day then adjust according to patients need
- GERD in adolescents 12 years of age and older: 20 mg once a day for up to eight weeks
- For the treatment of GERD in 1 to 11 years old: The recommended dosage is 5 mg once daily for patients who weigh less than 15 kg, and 10 mg daily is the preferred dosage for patients who weigh 15 kg or greater.
- The dosage regimen may differ from the information contained in this document. In the case of any confusion, please consult your physician.
How long should you take Razo 10 mg?
Continue taking Razo 10 mg tablets for as long as your physician recommends.
Missed dose of Razo 10 mg
If you have forgotten a dose, take it as soon you remember and go back to your usual dosing schedule. If the time to take the next dose is near, leave the forgotten dose and take the next dose. Do not double up the dose to compensate the missed one.
How should Razo 10 mg be stored?
- Keep it out of the reach of children and away from pets. Avoid exposure to light, moisture, and heat.
- Do not place these tablets in the bathroom or near a sink.
- Always keep it in the original package.