Ribavin 200 mg consists of active ingredient Ribavirin a guanosine analog, which is used to stop viral mRNA capping and viral RNA synthesis.
Ribavin 200 mg (Ribavirin)
Ribavin 200 mg consists of active ingredient Ribavirin a guanosine analog, which is used to stop viral mRNA capping and viral RNA synthesis. It is a nucleoside inhibitor. Ribavirin is an antiviral medicine used for severe RSV infection, hepatitis C infection, including if persistent and often together with peginterferon alfa-2 or peginterferon alfa-2b and also with other viral infections. It is a prodrug, which when metabolized resembles purine RNA nucleotides.
What is Ribavin 200 mg used for?
Ribavin 200 mg in combination with peginterferonalfa-2b is indicated for the treatment of patients five years and older with chronic hepatitis C virus infection those who have recompensed liver disorder and have not been treated earlier with interferon alpha.
Buy Ribavin 200 mg online to treat Hepatitis C infections.
How does Ribavin work?
Ribavin works by stopping the hepatitis C virus from spreading inside the body. It is not known if the treatment cures hepatitis C infection, prevents the spread of hepatitis C to other people.
What are the different doses of Ribavin?
Ribavin is available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 200 mg strength. You can buy Ribavin 200 mg online at unbeatable price.
How should Ribavin be taken?
- Ribavin comes in the form of a capsule. It should be taken with food. Swallow the capsule with a glass full of water. Drink extra fluid while taking the medicine.
- Chronic hepatitis C infection: The dose is given according to body weight and genotype.
- Chronic hepatitis C with HIV coinfection: The recommended dose is 800 mg daily for 48 weeks, regardless of genotype.
- Dose reduction and discontinuation is suggested in patients with renal impairment.
The dosage regimen may differ from the information contained in this document. In the case of any confusion, please consult your physician.
Do not alter the dosage plan without consulting your physician.
Also, do not skip doses or stop using Ribavin capsules suddenly. Stopping the medicine suddenly may make your condition worse.
Overdose: You should only take the number of capsules that you have been told. Visit your nearest medical centre immediately, if you think that you have taken too many Ribavin capsules by mistake
Missed dose of Ribavin:
Continue to take it even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses. If you have forgotten a dose, take it as soon you remember and go back to your usual dosing schedule. If the time to take the next dose is near, leave the forgotten dose and take the next dose. Do not double up the dose to compensate the missed one.
- Continue taking it for as long as your doctor recommends. Do not take longer than prescribed without checking our physician.
What are Side effects of Ribavin?
Like other medicines, Ribavin may cause adverse effects. Seek medical attention, in case the following troubles arise:
- Hair loss
- Trouble sleeping
- Blurred vision
- Muscle aches
- Changes in taste or hearing
- Sore throat
- Weight loss or gain
- Loss of appetite
If you observe any other serious side effect related to Ribavin, visit the doctor immediately.
What medications interact with Ribavin?
The following medicines should be avoided, in case doctor recommends you Ribavin to avoid possible drug interactions.
These drugs may be affected by Ribavin or may affect how well Ribavin works. You may need a different amount of drugs, or you may need to take different drugs. Your physician has more information on drugs to be careful with or avoid while taking Ribavin.
When should Ribavin not be used?
Tell the doctor before consuming Ribavin:
- If you are hypersensitive to the medicine or its components.
- If you are taking alcohol products
- If you have a history of heart diseases or, have ever had a heart attack
- If you have sickle cell anaemia
- If you have a background of alcohol abuse
- If you have ever had depression
- If you are pregnant or intending to become pregnant. You should discuss the benefits and risks of consuming Ribavin capsules during pregnancy. Breastfeeding women are advised not to take Ribavin as it may pass into breast milk and harm the nursing baby
The drug may cause dizziness. Do not drive or use machinery, while consuming Ribavirin as these activities may require a high degree of mental attention
How should Ribavin be stored?
- Do not forget to see the expiry date of the product.
- Keep the drug reach out of children.
- It should not be given to anybody, even if they have the same problems.
- Always keep the written record of all your medications.