Risnia 3 mg contains the active ingredient Risperidone, which belongs to a group of medicines called antipsychotics. It is used to treat:
- Psychotic disorders such as schizophrenia and mania.
- Long-term aggressiveness in Alzheimer's dementia and intellectually disabled children (at least five years of age.
- Helpful in treating mood disorders and works by restoring the balance of certain natural substances in the brain.
- Mental or mood disorders and autistic symptoms. It is very helpful in making patients think clearly and take part in everyday life. It works by maintaining the effects of chemicals in the brain.
How to use
This medicine is taken orally, with or without food, as prescribed by your physicians, usually once or twice daily. This medicine is available in the form of tablets, and when it comes to taking this medicine, please follow your doctor's instructions. Do not take this medicine with alcohol, juices, milk, coffee, etc. The dosage depends on the age, medical condition, response to treatment, and other medications the patient may be taking. Tell your doctor about your medical conditions and the drugs you are taking.
Take this medication regularly to get the most benefit, and take it at the same time(s) each day. Keep taking this medication for the time prescribed duration for the best results. If you miss the dose, take the prescribed dose as soon as possible, and if it is almost time for your next dose, do not take two doses at once. If an overdose of the drug happens, consult your physicians as soon as possible. The symptoms may include drowsiness, a fast heart rate, feeling light-headed, fainting, and restless muscle movements in your eyes, tongue, jaw, or neck.
Do not take this medicine:
- During pregnancy or lactation period, unless considered necessary
- Do not drive or use any tools, as this drug causes dizziness, tiredness, and vision problems.
- With alcohol, as it causes sedation.
- If you are suffering from kidney or liver disorders, take this medicine with caution and under the strict guidance of your physician.
There are chances that you may show some side effects after taking this medication, but the benefit to you is greater than the side effects. There are no serious side effects of the medicines. The side effects are as follows:
- Weight gain
Dizziness and lightheadedness can cause a fall risk, so get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position. The serious side effect of the drug is that it may increase blood sugar levels, which can worsen your diabetes. So if you experience any symptoms related to increased sugar levels, consult your physicians as early as possible.