Rizact 10 mg
|Description||Rizatriptan 10 mg|
Rizact - 10 mg (Rizatriptan)
Rizact is formulated to relieve a headache and other symptoms associated with a migraine attack. It is not suitable for other types of headaches. The active component of Rizact belongs to a class of medications called selective serotonin receptor antagonists. The medicine blocks the release of certain natural substances that cause nausea, pain, and other symptoms of a migraine. It is not used to reduce the number of headaches you have or to prevent migraine attacks.
What is Rizact used for?
The medicine is useful in treating migraine with or without aura.
How does Rizact work?
Rizact contains the active component Rizatriptan, which acts as an antagonist at specific 5-HT1 receptor sites in intracranial blood vessels and sensory trigeminal nerves. This results in cranial vessel vasoconstriction with an associated decrease in the release of neuropeptides and decrease in migraine headache.
Where to buy Rizact online?
You can buy Rizact 10 mg online from our website premiumrxdrugs.com. The medicine is available in the form of tablet in 10 mg strength to our clients. To order this medicine at a low price with fast delivery options, consider our website.
What does Rizact contain?
Rizact has the main ingredient Rizatriptan, a powerful selective serotonin receptor antagonist which is useful in treating migraine headaches.
What are the side effects of Rizact?
- Cardiovascular system disorder- myocardial infarction, chest pain, coronary artery vasospasm, myocardial ischemia, ventricular arrhythmias
- Central nervous system problems- drowsiness, dizziness, weakness
- Gastrointestinal issues- nausea, dry mouth
- Miscellaneous issues- hypersensitivity reactions, including toxic epidermal necrolysis, angioedema, pain
What medications interact with Rizact?
- The use of MOA inhibitor is contraindicated while using Rizact tablets as MOA-A inhibitors increase levels and adverse reactions.
- Concurrent use with 5-HTagonists or ergot-type compound may cause an increase in the vasoactive properties.
- Use of propranolol with Rizatriptan may increase levels and risk of adverse reactions
- Serotonin syndrome may occur when used along with an SSRI or SNRI antidepressants.
When should Rizact not be taken?
The use of Rizact is contraindicated in the following conditions:
- Peripheral vascular syndromes
- Uncontrolled hypertension
- History of significant cardiovascular disease
- Ischemic or vasospastic cardiovascular
- A basilar or hemiplegic migraine
The drug should be used cautiously in the following situations:
- Severe kidney impairment, especially in patients on dialysis
- Moderate liver impairment
- Pediatrics smaller than six years of age
How should Rizact be taken?
For adults- The recommended dose is 5 to 10 mg. It may be repeated in two hours, and the dose should not exceed three doses/24 hours.
For the treatment of children 6 to 17 years of age (more or equal to 40 kg weight) - 10 mg single dose is prescribed to treat migraine headache. Administer 5 mg in patients receiving propranolol.
For children less than 40 kg weight- 5 mg is the recommended single dose. It should not be given to patients who are receiving propranolol.
- The medicine should only be used during a migraine attack. It is suitable for relief of migraine attacks, but not to prevent or reduce the number of attacks.
- Patients are instructed to take the medicine as soon as symptoms of a migraine attack appear, but it can be consumed at any time during an attack. In case the symptoms return, a second dose may be taken. Leave at least two hours between doses, and avoid taking more than 30 mg in any 24 hour period.