Rocaltrol 0.25 mg (Calcitriol)
Rocaltrol is prescribed for the treatment of patients suffering from osteoporosis and for the prevention of osteoporosis in people taking oral corticosteroids. It is useful in treating low blood calcium level in patients with osteodystrophy and hypoparathyroidism. Its administration improves absorption of calcium from the intestines and by stimulating the growth of healthy bones. Rocaltrol’s active component Calcitriol is an active form of vitamin D. The medicine can be purchased only on the prescription of a certified physician.
Rocaltrol general information
What is Rocaltrol used for?
Rocaltrol is prescribed to treat the following conditions:
- Osteoporosis (a condition that weakens the bones)
- Hypoparathyroidism (a condition that develops when the parathyroid glands in the neck do not produce enough parathyroid hormone)
- Rickets (a bone disorder that affects infants and young children)
- Low level of calcium in the blood due to osteodystrophy (a multifactorial disorder of bone remodeling).
How does Rocaltrol work?
Rocaltrol comprises an active component, which works by promoting the absorption of calcium and decreases parathyroid hormone concentrations.
Where to buy Rocaltrol online?
Rocaltrol is available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 0.25 mg strength. You can buy Rocaltrol 0.25 mg online at an absolute lowest price.
What does Rocaltrol contain?
Rocaltrol comprises of an active component Calcitriol, one of the naturally occurring and biologically active forms of Vitamin D. Each tablet delivers 0.25 mg of the beneficial component to the patients.
What are the side effects of Rocaltrol?
- Cardiovascular system disorders: hypertension, arrhythmias
- Genitouterine disorders: decreased libido, azotemia, polyuria, albuminuria, nocturia
- Central nervous system issues: weakness, somnolence, headache
- Gastrointestinal disorders: anorexia, dry mouth, metallic taste, pancreatitis, weight loss, abdominal pain, lever function test elevation, vomiting, constipation, polydipsia
- Dermatological issues: pruritus
- Ocular problems: rhinorrhea, photophobia, conjunctivitis
- Metabolic disorders: hyperthermia
- Musculoskeletal disorders:
- Miscellaneous issues: allergic reactions such as rash, urticaria, and pruritus
What medications interact with Rocaltrol?
- Coadministration of mineral oil, colestipol, and Cholestyramine decreases absorption of Rocaltrol.
- If taken with thiazide diuretics, may result in hyperglycemia.
- Consumption of corticosteroids may decrease the effectiveness of the medicine.
- Concurrent use of calcitriol may increase the risk of arrhythmias.
- Avoid taking magnesium-containing drugs as these may lead to hypermagnesemia.
- Hypercalcemia may develop if taken along with calcium-containing drugs.
- Other vitamin D supplements can also cause hypercalcemia.
When should Rocaltrol not be used?
Rocaltrol should not be used in patients with known hypersensitivity to Rocaltrol and other active ingredients in the formulation.
How should Rocaltrol be used?
- Your physician will be the right person to tell you how many tablets to take each day. The dosage of the drug will vary from person to person; it depends on upon various factors such as the nature of your condition, the level of calcium in your blood and your response to the medicine.
- The tablets can be consumed before or after consuming food. You need to drink a glass of water with each dose of Rocaltrol. Swallow it instead of chewing or crushing it.
- To achieve best results, take your dose at the same time each day. This will also help you remember the time of consumption.
- Your physician will need to measure the calcium level in your blood periodically during the treatment.
How long should you use Rocaltrol?
Continue taking Rocaltrol tablets for as long as your physician recommends. This medicine helps you control your illness, but does not cure it. Therefore, it is important to keep consuming it even if you feel better in between the course.
Missed dose of Rocaltrol
If you miss a dose of Rocaltrol 0.25 mg, take one as soon as remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, leave the missed dose and go back to your normal dosing schedule. Do not take an extra dose to recompense the missed one.
How should Rocaltrol be stored?
- Keep the tablets at controlled room temperature, in a cool and dry place
- Place it where children cannot reach.
- Keep the medicine in its original packet until it is time to take them out
- Do not store this medicine in the bathroom or near a sink. Also, don’t leave it on a windowsill or in the car as heat and dampness can destroy some drugs.
- Do to freeze the tablets