|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma Medisales Pvt Ltd.|
Out Of Stock
Simvotin 40 mg (Simvastatin)
Simvotin 40 mg consists of active ingredient Simvastatin belongs to a group of statins, or HMG-CoA inhibitors. It is also called as hypolipidemic, decreasing LDL levels. The drug is implicated in a multitude of biological functions, demonstrates anticancer, and anti-inflammatory properties.
What is Simvotin 40 mg used for?
Simvotin 40 mg is used primarily for the treatment of dyslipidemia. The drug also prevents atherosclerosis-related events such as heart attacks and stroke. Simvotin is suggested to be used as an additional therapy to a low cholesterol diet. The medicine is used together with diet, weight loss, and excercise to lowers the raised lipid levels in the body. Simvastatin is also used to reduce the risk of heart related problems in those patients who are at high risk. It is an oral medication.
How does Simvotin work?
Simvotin works by lowering the "bad" cholesterol and raises the "good" cholesterol in the body when exercise and changes to diet are not sufficient on their own. The drug also reduces the production of fatty substances in the blood of an individual. Buy Simvotin 40 mg online, and get the best price of the product.
How should Simvotin be taken?
- Simvotin is present in the form of tablets. Swallow the tablet with an adequate amount of water. It may be taken without regard to food.
- The dose regimen varies from patient to patient; it depends on the age, weight, and condition of the patients.
- The usual dose range is 5 mg Simvotin tablet, every day to 40 mg Simvotin tablet, every day. You can take the Simvastatin tablet at any time, or as suggested by the pharmacist.
- The pediatric dose of Simvotin mostly depends upon the weight of the patient. The doctor may prescribe the medicine, according to the body weight of the pediatric patient.
- Consume the tablet in the same way as suggested to you. Don’t alter the dosage plan.
- Overdose: Seek medical attention immediately, in the case of an overdose of Simvotin.
Missed dose of Simvotin:
If you have forgotten a dose, take it as soon you remember and go back to your usual dosing schedule. If the time to take the next dose is near, leave the forgotten dose and take the next dose. Don’t double up the dose to compensate the forgotten one.
- Take the tablets for as long as your doctor recommended.
What are Side effects of Simvotin?
Like other medicines, Simvotin may cause adverse effects. Seek medical attention, in case the given troubles arise:
- Mild skin rash
- Unexplained muscle pain
- Stuffy nose
The adverse reactions of Simvotin can be dangerous also. Visit the doctor immediately, in the following situations.
- Mental confusion
- Weight loss
- Vision problem
- Dryness of the skin
What medications interact with Simvotin?
Avoid consuming Simvotin, if you are taking the medicines that are given below:
- Anticancer drugs
- Steroidal drugs
When should Simvotin not be used?
Tell the doctor before consuming Simvotin:
- If you are hypersensitive to the drug, or its components.
- If you are suffering from liver diseases.
- If you are suffering from diabetes mellitus.
- If you have low blood pressure.
- If you have thyroid related problems.
- If you a medical history of kidney diseases.
- If you drink an excessive amount of alcohol.
- If you have allergies to food, medicines, and other substances.
- If you are a woman of child bearing potential. You should discuss the positives and negatives of taking Simvastatin, at the time of pregnancy.
- If you have epilepsy.
- Breastfeeding women are advised not to take Simvotin as it may pass into the breast milk and harm the nursing baby.
- If you have been told by your doctors that you have intolerance to some sugars.
- The drug may cause dizziness. Do not drive, or use machinery, while taking Simvotin as these activities may require a high degree of mental attention.
How should Simvotin be stored?
- Do not forget to see the expiry date of the product.
- Store the tablet in a dry place and out of the direct light.
- It should be stored at a room temperature.
- Place the medicine away from infants.
- Do not share your medicines with your near and dear ones.
- Always keep the written record of your medications.
- Always keep the tablets in its original pack only.