Suminat-25 mg (Sumatriptan)
Suminat is useful in treating migraine attacks with or without aura. It has been demonstrated that a migraine may be caused by the temporary widening of blood vessels in the head. The administration of Suminat reduces the widening of these blood vessels. This action helps to get rid of a headache and relieves other symptoms of migraine attack such as nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light and sound. The medicine has the active ingredient Sumatriptan, which falls into the category of drugs called 5Ht1 receptor agonists that are designed to treat a migraine. Remember, the medicine cannot prevent a migraine attack.
What is Suminat used for?
Suminat is formulated to treat:
- Acute treatment of migraine attacks
- Acute treatment of cluster headache episodes
How does Suminat work?
Suminat contains the active ingredient Sumatriptan, which acts as a selective antagonist of 5-HT1 at specific vascular serotonin receptor sites and causes vasoconstriction in large intracranial arteries. In this way, the administration of Sumatriptan relieves acute attacks of a migraine.
Where to buy Suminat online?
You can buy Suminat 25 mg online from our website premiumrxdrugs.com. The drug is available in the form of tablet in 25 mg strength and three pack sizes of 30, 60, and 90 to our clients. To buy this medicine online, you may need a prescription from a physician. Purchase this medicine at a low price with a fast delivery options consider our website.
What does Suminat contain?
The drug Suminat contains Sumatriptan, a prescription drug that has been one of the biggest players responsible for reducing the symptoms of a migraine. Each 25 mg tablet carries Sumatriptan as the beneficial ingredient.
What are the side effects of Suminat?
All side effects of the medicine are less common after oral administration.
- Cardiovascular issues: chest pressure, chest tightness, coronary vasospasm, angina, ECG changes, myocardial infarction, transient hypertension.
- Dermatological issues: burning sensation, dermatitis, tingling, contact dermatitis, flushing, cool sensation, warm sensation.
- EENT problems: throat discomfort, nasal sinus discomfort, alterations in vision.
- Gastrointestinal issues: dysphagia, abdominal discomfort
- Neurological disorders: numbness
- Musculoskeletal disorders: muscle cramps, neck pain, jaw discomfort, neck stiffness, myalgia.
- Central nervous system disorders: anxiety, feeling of heaviness, headache, weakness, fatigue, dizziness, drowsiness, vertigo, strange feeling, malaise.
What medications interact with Suminat?
- Concurrent use of dihydroergotamine and ergotamine may cause vasospastic reactions.
- Do not use Suminat with other 5HT1 agonists.
- Concurrent use with MAO inhibitors may increase levels.
- If used along with SSRI or SNRI antidepressants.
- Coadministration of Suminat with St. John’s wort and SAMe may increase the risk of serotonergic side effects.
When should Suminat not be used?
Suminat is contraindicated in the following conditions:
- Ischemic heart disease
- Signs and Symptoms of Ischemic heart disease
- Uncontrolled hypertension
- Prinzmetal’s angina
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Concurrent MAO inhibitor therapy
- Severe hepatic impairment
- Hemiplegic or basilar migraine
- Excessive risk of cardiovascular complications in geriatric patients
Use Suminat with caution in the following situations:
- Cardiovascular risk factors
- Diabetes mellitus
- Family history
- Menopausal women
How should Suminat be used?
Take Suminat exactly as directed by your physician. If you have any doubt about the usage of the medicine, please check with your physician. Your physician will determine a dose that suits best to you after evaluating your condition. Never exceed the recommended dose.
Food have no influence on Suminat, it can be taken before or after consuming food. Swallow it with a glass of water. The medicine should be taken at te fisrt sign of a migraine attack, but may also be taken during an ongoing attack. It is to be notify that the medicine should not be used as a preventative.
How long should you use Suminat?
Suminat 25 mg should be taken continuously for as long as your physician recommends.
Missed dose of Suminat
Take the missed dose of Suminat 25 mg as quickly as you notice. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time to take the next dose. Do not double your dose to catch up the missed one.
How should Suminat be stored?
- It should be kept away from direct heat and direct light
- Store the medicine at controlled room temperature in its original packet
- Place it away from the reach and sight of children