Sumatriptan 50mg Tablet
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|10 Tablet/s||US$ 3.08||US$ 30.75|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 3.07||US$ 92.24|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 3.08||US$ 184.50|
Suminat is an anti migraine medication used for the acute treatment of migraine attacks with or without aura in adults. The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Suminat tablets is Sumatriptan Succinate. The medicine will only treat a headache that has already begun. It is not used to prevent headaches or reduce the number of attacks. Sumatriptan is thought to work by narrowing the blood vessels around the brain. It also decreases substances in the body that can trigger pain in the head, nausea, sensitivity to light and sound, and other symptoms of a migraine.
What is Suminat used for?
Suminat is formulated for the acute treatment of migraine attack. It is also used for the acute treatment of cluster headache episodes.
How does Suminat work?
Suminat contains the active ingredient Sumatriptan, which acts as a selective agonist of 5-HT1 at specific vascular serotonin receptor sites, causes vasoconstriction in the major intracranial arteries. In this way, a patient gets relief from acute attacks of a migraine.
What does Suminat contain?
Suminat contains the active ingredient Sumatriptan, which belongs to the group of anti-migraine drugs. The active ingredient is known to constrict blood vessels in the skull and relieves migraine symptoms.
Effects of alcohol on Suminat
Patients are advised to avoid alcohol, which aggregates headaches, during the treatment of Suminat.
What are the side effects of Suminat?
All side effects are less common after oral administration.
- Gastrointestinal tract problems- dysphagia, abdominal discomfort
- Cardiovascular system disorders- chest pressure, coronary vasospasm, myocardial infarction, ECG changes, angina, transient hypertension
- Central nervous system disorders- drowsiness, feeling of tightness, strange feeling, headache, weakness, dizziness, fatigue, tight feeling in head, strange feeling, anxiety, vertigo, malaise, feeling of heaviness
- Dermatological issues- burning sensation, cool sensation, tingling, contact dermatitis, flushing, burning sensation, warm sensation, flushing
- EENT throat discomfort, alterations in vision, nasal sinus discomfort
- Neurological issues- numbness
- Musculoskeletal problems- muscle cramps, neck pain, jaw discomfort, neck pain, myalgia, neck stiffness
What medications interact with Suminat?
- Migraine medications such as eletriptan, rizatriptan, zolmitriptan
- Ergot medications like Ergotamine, methylergonovine, Ergotamine
- Antidepressant medications such as escitalopram, fluoxetine, desvenlafaxine, sertraline, citalopram, paroxetine, venlafaxine, fluvoxamine
- MAO inhibitor medications such as isocarboxazid, phenelzine, rasagiline, tranylcypromine, furazolidone, selegiline
- Antidepressant drugs like fluoxetine, desvenlafaxine, citalopram
If there is any other medicine that you are taking, inform your physician about that as well.
When should Suminat not be used?
- Suminat is not recommended for patients with known hypersensitivity to Sumatriptan and other components of the medicine.
- It is not suitable for patients with ischemic heart disease or signs and symptoms of ischemic heart disease.
- It should not be used by patients with Prinzmetal's angina or controlled hypertension.
- The medicine is not meant for people with the peripheral vascular disease.
- It should not be taken by severe hepatic impaired patients.
- There is an excessive risk of cardiovascular complication in geriatric patients. Hence, the medicine should not be taken by this population.
The medicine should be used carefully in:
- Patients with childbearing potential
- Pediatric patients
- Cardiovascular risk factors
How should Suminat be used?
The medicine may cause drowsiness or dizziness. Patients should avoid driving or other activities that require alertness until response to medication is known.
How long should Suminat be used?
Your physician will tell you the duration of treatment. It is important to keep taking the pill for as long as it is recommended to you.
Missed dose of Suminat
Since the medicine is used as needed. The chances of missing a dose are almost nil. The medicine does not have a daily dosing schedule. Call your physician promptly if your symptoms do not improve after using Suminat tablets.
How should Suminat be stored?
- Store pills at room temperature away from light, heat, and moisture
- Keep your medicine away from the reach of children