Progesterone 100mg Capsule
Progesterone (Susten 100mg)
Progesterone is the active ingredient present in Susten 100mg. It is mainly used in those women who have not reached menopausal age, but have stopped getting menstrual period because of progesterone deficiency. The medicine is available in the form of soft gelatin capsules.
What is Susten used for?
Progesterone 100mg capsule is a female growth hormone, which is mainly used to control menstrual cycle and ovulation. Many a time as a women approaches menopausal age, there is deficiency of progesterone in their body because of which there is trouble in getting period. Susten 100 mg is used to effect periods in such women who are facing trouble getting their period.
How does Susten work?
Susten 100 mg comprise of an active constituent Progesterone, which functions by Stimulating luteal activities, changing uterus and vagina and also has prolonged uterotrophic effect.
What does Susten contain?
Susten contains Progesterone as the main active ingredient. Each capsule for oral administration contains 100 mg of Progesterone.
What are the side effects of Susten?
Some common side effects of Susten 100 mg include:
- Swelling at injection point
- Unusual weight gain
- Lots of body or facial hair
- Loss of hair on head
If the above problems fade away after some time there is no need to worry. However, if it persists for long or there are more serious side effects as mentioned below then you need to consult a doctor:
- Lumps in breasts
- No menstrual periods
- Vaginal bleeding and discharge
- Nausea or vomiting
- Abdominal pain
- Chest pain
- Pain in left arm
- Jaw pain
- Blood clots
- Difficulty in seeing
- Slurred speech
- Rashes on legs
- Sudden and severe headache
- Trouble in breathing
What medications interact with Susten?
Tell your doctor about all the current medicines that you are taking so that drug interaction does not take place.
When should Susten not be used?
Susten 100 mg is contraindicated in people who have an allergy to the ingredients.
How should Susten be taken?
- Depending upon your prevailing medical history and your condition your doctor may prescribe the right amount of the medicine to you. There is no fixed standard of the dosage and it varies from person to person.
- Take the medicine strictly as per the instruction of your doctor. While it is dangerous to overshoot the dosage, taking less than the dose is also not advisable. Finishing the course in the exact schedule is necessary. Sometimes only a small dosage for a couple of days may be prescribed during each menstrual cycle. Do not take the medicine after the prescribed schedule is over.
- The medicine should be taken only after getting yourself checked by your doctor.
- As the medicine is known to hinder your level of alertness hence it is advisable to avoid any activity which requires high attention such as driving during the course of the medicine.
- Taking the medicine can also lead to some unusual results in medical tests. Hence, it is best to inform the laboratory the fact that you are taking Progesterone.
- Let your doctor know in case you are suffering from circulatory problems, heart disease, and coronary artery disease risk factors like smoking, high cholesterol, high blood pressure asthma, migraines, seizures, kidney disease, diabetes or depression. Inform him about the current medicines that you are taking so that there is no drug interaction.
- It is must to seek medical attention urgently in case of overdose as it may result in some serious harmful effects in your body.
How long should you use Susten?
Continue taking Susten 100mg for as long as your doctor recommends. Take your medicine at the same time each day, as this will help you to remember to take it regularly. If you have trouble remembering your doses, ask your doctor for some tips.
Missed dose of Susten?
It is advisable not to miss a dose of the medicine. But if you miss the dose because of unavoidable circumstances, take it as soon as you remember, but it should not be close to your next dose.
How should Evalon be stored?
The medicines need to be stored in a safe, cool and dry place. It should be kept away from children and pets.