Telma 80 mg (Telmisartan)
Telma 80 mg tablets contain the active ingredient Telmisartan, which is a nonpeptide angiotensin II receptor antagonist. It is a medicine mainly used for the treatment of hypertension or high blood pressure. The drug is sometimes prescribed along with other blood pressure medicines. It is also used to lower the risk of heart attack, stroke, or death in patients who are are at high-risk factors for serious heart problems. Telmisartan insurmountably inhibits stimulation of the angiotensin II (type 1) receptor by angiotensin II without affecting other receptor systems involved in the cardiovascular regulation.
What is Telma 80 mg used for?
As with all angiotensin II receptor antagonists, Telma 80 mg is used for the treatment of hypertension. The medicine is also used in certain high risk people aged 55 years and older to help lower their risk of having certain cardiovascular events, such as heart attack, stroke, or death.
How does Telma 80 mg work?
Telma 80 mg contains the active ingredient Telmisartan, which belongs to a class of drugs called angiotensin II receptor antagonists. Telmisartan works by:
- Decreasing the body’s production of substances that can increase blood pressure
- Making the blood vessels relax and widen
- Making it easier for the heart to pump blood to all parts of the body
What are the different doses of Telma?
Telma 80 mg tablets are available to buy online from premiumrxdrugs.com in doses of 20 mg, 40 mg, and 80 mg. Buy Telma 80 mg online at a much lower price.
What does Telma 80 mg contain?
Telma 80 mg contains the active ingredient Telmisartan. Each Telma tablet contains 80 mg Telmisartan.
What are the adverse effects of Telma 80 mg?
If you are concerned about any adverse effects, please talk to your physician.
If any of the given adverse effects gets serious, or if you observe any adverse effects not listed in this document, please inform your physician or pharmacist.
The common ones are as follows:
- Sinus pain
- Back pain
Some uncommon, but serious side effects include:
- Vision related problem
- Pain while urinating
- Skin ulcer
- Slurred speech
- Uneven heartbeat
What are the medications interact with Telma 80 mg?
Telma 80 mg may have an effect on working of other drugs, and other drugs may have an effect on the mode of action of Telma.
Please tell your physician, if you are taking or have recently taken any other drugs, including drugs obtained without a prescription.
The following medicines should be avoided, in case physician prescribes you Telma to avoid possible drug interactions.
When should Telma 80 mg not be used?
Telma 80 mg should not be used in patients with known hypersensitivity to Telmisartan or any other component of this medicine.
How should Telma be taken?
- Telma is available in the form of a tablet on our website. It does not matter if you take the tablets before or after consuming food.
- When used for cardiovascular risk reduction, monitoring of blood pressure is suggested, and if appropriate, adjustment of medicines that lower blood pressure may be essential.
- For treatment of hypertension: The starting recommended dose is 40mg once daily. The dose can be increased to a maximum of 80 mg once daily.
- For cardiovascular risk reduction: The starting recommended dose is 80 mg once daily.
- Do not alter the dosing schedule, unless your physician advises you to do so.
- Do not skip doses or stop using Telma tablets suddenly. Stopping the medicine suddenly may make your condition worse.
- You should only take the number of tablets that you have been told. Visit your nearest medical centre immediately, if you think that you have taken too many Telma tablets by mistake. The symptoms of an accidental overdose include: vomiting, shakiness, dizziness, nausea, fast heart rate, fatigue, and diarrhea, etc.
- The dosage regimen may differ from the information contained in this document. In the case of any confusion, please consult your physician.
How long should you take Telma 80 mg?
Continue taking Telma 80 mg for as long as your physician recommends
Missed dose of Telma 80 mg
If you miss the dose take it as soon as you remember, but if it is too late, then skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the correct scheduled time. Never double the dose to make up for the missed one.
How should Telma 80 mg be stored?
- Keep it out of the reach of children and away from pets. Avoid exposure to light, moisture, and heat.
- Do not place it in the bathroom or near a sink.