Telvas H 40-12.50 mg
Telma H-40�.5 mg is a combination medicine that contains Telmisartan and Hydrochlorothiazide as the main active ingredients. It is a medicine mainly used for the treatment of hypertension or high blood pressure. The drug is sometimes prescribed along with other blood pressure medicines.
|Generic Name||Telmisartan Hctz|
Telma H-40�.5 mg (Telmisartan)
Telma H-40�.5 mg is a combination medicine that contains Telmisartan and Hydrochlorothiazide as the main active ingredients. It is a medicine mainly used for the treatment of hypertension or high blood pressure. The drug is sometimes prescribed along with other blood pressure medicines. It is also used to lower the risk of heart attack, stroke, or death in patients who are are at high-risk factors for serious heart problems. Telmisartan is a nonpeptide angiotensin II receptor antagonist that insurmountably inhibits stimulation of the angiotensin II (type 1) receptor by angiotensin II without affecting other receptor systems involved in the cardiovascular regulation.
Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic agent that helps prevent body excess of salt that causes water retention. Both the agents combined to produce antihypertensive effect and are administered in various other cardiovascular diseases like:
- Liver cirrhosis
- Chronic heart failure
- Kidney disorders
Telma H general information
What is Telma H-40�.5 mg used for?
As with all angiotensin II receptor antagonists, Telma H-40�.5 mg is used for the treatment of hypertension. The medicine is also used in certain high risk people aged 55 years and older to help lower their risk of having certain cardiovascular events, such as heart attack, stroke, or death.
How does Telma H-40�.5 mg work?
Telma H-40�.5 mg contains the active ingredient Telmisartan, which belongs to a class of drugs called angiotensin II receptor antagonists. Telmisartan works by:
- Decreasing the body’s production of substances that can increase blood pressure
- Making the blood vessels relax and widen
- Making it easier for the heart to pump blood to all parts of the body
Another active ingredient is Hydrochlorothiazide, which works by increasing the excretion of water and salt out of the body. It reduces the blood pressure within the blood vessels by removing electrolytes and water from the blood stream.
What are the different doses of Telma H?
Telma H tablets are available to buy online from premiumrxdrugs.com in doses of 40 12.5 mg, and 80�.5 mg. Buy Telma H-40�.5 mg online at a much lower price.
What does Telma H-40�.5 mg contain?
Telma H-40�.5 mg contains the active ingredient Telmisartan, which belongs to a class of drugs called angiotensin II receptor antagonists. Each Telma H tablet contains 40 mg Telmisartan and 12.5 mg Hydrochlorothiazide.
What are the adverse effects of Telma H-40�.5 mg?
If you are concerned about any adverse effects, please talk to your physician.
If any of the given adverse effects gets serious, or if you observe any adverse effects not listed in this document, please inform your physician or pharmacist.
The common ones are as follows:
- Sinus pain
- Back pain
Some uncommon, but serious side effects include:
- Vision related problem
- Pain while urinating
- Skin ulcer
- Slurred speech
- Uneven heartbeat
What are the medications interact with Telma H-40�.5 mg?
Telma H-40�.5 mg may have an effect on working of other drugs, and other drugs may have an effect on the mode of action of Telma H.
Please tell your physician, if you are taking or have recently taken any other drugs, including drugs obtained without a prescription.
The following medicines should be avoided, in case physician prescribes you Telma to avoid possible drug interactions.
When should Telma H-40�.5 mg not be used?
Telma H-40�.5 mg should not be used in patients with known hypersensitivity to Telmisartan or any other component of this medicine.
How should Telma be taken?
- Telma H is available in the form of a tablet on our website. It does not matter if you take the tablets before or after consuming food.
- When used for cardiovascular risk reduction, monitoring of blood pressure is suggested, and if appropriate, adjustment of medicines that lower blood pressure may be essential.
- For treatment of hypertension: The starting recommended dose is 40mg once daily. The dose can be increased to a maximum of 80 mg once daily.
- For cardiovascular risk reduction: The starting recommended dose is 80 mg once daily.
- Do not alter the dosing schedule, unless your physician advises you to do so.
- Do not skip doses or stop using Telma H tablets suddenly. Stopping the medicine suddenly may make your condition worse.
- You should only take the number of tablets that you have been told. Visit your nearest medical centre immediately, if you think that you have taken too many Telma H tablets by mistake. The symptoms of an accidental overdose include: vomiting, shakiness, dizziness, nausea, fast heart rate, fatigue, and diarrhea, etc.
- The dosage regimen may differ from the information contained in this document. In the case of any confusion, please consult your physician.
How long should you take Telma H-40�.5 mg?
Continue taking Telma H-40�.5 mg for as long as your physician recommends
Missed dose of Telma H-40�.5 mg
If you miss the dose take it as soon as you remember, but if it is too late, then skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the correct scheduled time. Never double the dose to make up for the missed one.
How should Telma H-40�.5 mg be stored?
- Keep it out of the reach of children and away from pets. Avoid exposure to light, moisture, and heat.
- Do not place it in the bathroom or near a sink.